Signing Service need for opinion

I would appreciate some good advise. We had a file where by the DOT had spaces to be initialed by the signer, down on each page. The areas to be initialed were very small, so I understood how they were missed. Not the end of the world, but certainly would need to be fixed to be able to record. The signing agent refused to go back, so we had to ship the original out and have another signing agent get them initialed to keep the chain of dates accurate.
Since the lender and escrow refused to pay for the fix, we had to create 2 fedex labels, and pay another signing agent to get completed.
The signing agent now, is being very harsh since these fees had to be taken from her fee. We sent her the error to review, so she would understand.
But now, she is threatening to warn “all signing agents, lenders, brokers ect”
When reputation is crucial, how would you handle such a threat?

Lisa Bittner
909-525-8221

1 Like

Did your contract with the notary state that the fees would come out of her pay?
If she refused to make the correction I am not sure why she’s making threats.

1 Like

Yes our contract states if there are errors, fedex and fees needing to fix will come out of the original signing fee.
:frowning: its so discouraging,

That is discouraging

Why isn’t she worried about her own reputation?
If I make a mistake- I fix it. I see it as my responsibility

However, about 50% DOT need initials
So there is lack of experience here
You gave her the chance to remedy the situation
She does need paid for her time and expenses but
If the contract states shipping fees. . .

2 Likes

I appreciate what your saying, I guess the biggest thing for a signing service is reputation. So when you get see bad feedback you have two choices,

1. answer to it
  2. ignore it
    I am not always able to view all blogs as I am so busy, but when I do get to answer I want everyone to know. I am not perfect and and we do our best to not let anything slip through the cracks, but sometimes things do. I am here to fix anything if need be. For 17 years its been like this.
    But today, her email was so harsh.
    I give my phone number freely and am willing to help where I can
    sorry for the rant… been a long day
3 Likes

Raise your notary fees, and don’t hire dummies…seems like this person didn’t have an eye for detail, and she needs to bear the costs involved to fix.

3 Likes

I think this shows as lack of experience for signing agent. Amazing that the agent did not want to fix mistake. I would lay awake at night worried about this until I fixed it. Agents need to read signing company guidelines. I would respond to any negativity comments you get with exact details. If your company has a good reputation, good signing agents will ignore agents comments.

2 Likes

IMHO, while we all are human and can err, low fees definitely get you inexperience. Just a possibility (that’s more likely a probability). As to why s/he wouldn’t fix it…s/he realized she was already working at a loss.

1 Like

the signing agent in question had completed 98 signings for my company, and 430 on snapdocs alone.

while I realize signing companies these days cant pay what they used to be able to pay, many of our clients are credit union clients that pay us $100-$125.00 a signing, $75.00-85.00 is the highest we can go to make money.
She is NOT new.

read below, its not as easy as that

Darn good thing I really can’t read the signature…Borrower NPPI…not good.
I really think this matter needs to be discussed in private. And…as this is NOT a notarized doc it could probably be handled directly with the Borrower.

I did not breach privacy by posting this, I posted the signature because it was not readable and to show where the initials are in comparison to the signature line.,and ever page of the DOT also had initials not completed that were missed and the reason I was showing how obscure the initials are. It was just an error, as I said not the end of the world. Its all about ownership.
I want to stay on topic, and I just wondered as signing agents input is on this issue.

S/he should own it. S/he didn’t. Solve the problem. You may have to defend yourself in strange places or even places you can’t see… 98 signings without an issue and one with. Make a wise decision.

1 Like

Thank you for your understanding. I wont let it get me down, on to another day.
btw
I tried to call her, just to discuss voice to voice, as the typed word can get off track, but she would not answer me.
everyone have a great month of JUNE

Lisa

Personally, I feel this needs to be deleted - I for one can read the signature and I’m sure many others can too.

As for the notary issue - she should own her error; however, that said, this is not a document that needs notarization - could it not have been sent to the borrowers for them to initial and return? I’m also wondering - on the DoT - if the document changes in any way, would it not require a new notarization with the current date? I think here in Florida it would - there can be no changes to any documents after the notarization… And that becomes a problem.

Can this also fall under the Corrections Agreement that was signed?

Just some questions floating through my head.

The point of this is I only showed one area of initials, it was on the note and dot both documents were missed. The date to fix this would not the point, its really about ownership. The real issue is that the blogs have power. They can be used to warn others of companies not good, but they can be used for another agenda.
I just wanted feedback on this.
and I did get some, so thank you

as far as the personal information, in order for this to be against privacy laws, it must include two items and this signature alone does not go against the privacy laws.

I can’t imagine making a mistake and not wanting to go fix it… that would stress me out so much. The appropriate thing would have been for her to go and fix it and take the hit for the shipping.

p.s. Lisa, I love doing signings for your company. You guys are the best! Coast2Coast is totally legit! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

that makes my day, thank you so much

What owner of a signing company would go on notary board and ask for advise??
Why would you send out a inexperienced notary to complete your signings? You got what
you paid for.

If you hired a professional notary, who you paid $90-$125 for the signing, it would of been completed correctly with NO errors.

By using this notary in for first place, you (and your team) would of known her skill level, before you sent her out on the signing.

But your took a risk, which now risks your company’s reputation with your clients.

Also, why would you go back to your lender & title companies to have them Pay for your company’s error, your got to be kidding me…

Pay the inexperienced notary her full fee, and move on. You just got schooled.

Bill Zinn,
Thank you, I appreciate being “schooled”.

1. everyone makes mistakes, even the very experienced. (this signing agent is experienced)
  2. I would love to pay $125.00 for every signing, but since that is the amount of money we get per file (between $100-125), We cant
  3. We never went back to the lender & title company to have the pay for the signing agents error.

It seems in many posts you like to bash us, and that is unfortunate. You used to work with us, until you made a mistake.
that costs us money, and you didn’t fix it either.
Have a great Friday, the very best day of the week
Lisa

1 Like