Signing Stream out of California

Has any one ever worked with Signing Stream? They have been a night mare.

They are terrific if you want to wait 90 days to get paid.

Well, they’ve earned the nickname Signing Scream for a reason.

2 Likes

They have a reputation as a deadbeat signing agency.

Their fees are among the lowest, they require full scan-backs always and worst
of all, if and when they do pay you, they will deduct 5-20 dollars for infractions
you did not know you committed ( scan-back late, missing this or that…) and probably did not.
Then you have to provide a paper trail to prove they are incorrect.

That’s why I was asking. I’m in a night mare situation with them now. They deducted fees for something I had no idea about After they gave me the wrong agreed upon FEES in the first place. i sent documentation to no resolve. The assignment was at 9:30pm The signers were anxious and tired. Had a difficult time finding house GPS does work well in rural areas. Husband made the evening. Turned out to be the BIGGEST fan of my S/O was able to put him on the phone and made the evening bearable. Could NOT reach anyone’s at SS for anything. Went back to office faxed entire package. Next day after church dropped package. Got less than a mile o get an email that client didn’t initial some thing. I turned around went back picked up package. Called signer thank God she worked down the street and was actually there. Went got initiall and dropped. I was on a mini vacation to avoid the storm in my area. They called about an assignment. I told them I was out of town I wasn’t TOO for from the area. I would have to ask the hotel if I could print that many pages in the business center. ( I always keep my supplies with me) I called back and the gentleman said they had given the assignment to someone else and thanks for calling back. We went to Walmart to get some comfort food. As soon as we get back and park in VIP I get a email stating reminding me of my Signing in 5 minutes I was like WTH. HE DIDN’T TELL ME THE OTHER PERSON THEY GAVE THE ASSIGNMENT WAS ME. Well fortunate and unfortunately I was able to accommodate. The Signer was s fan of my SO and had gone to school with him and saved the day with showing up 2 hours late. THAT WILL BE MY ABSOLUTE LAST SIGNING WITH THEM. TERRIBLE SUPPORT AND SERVICE!

Obviously they can’t read either. I sent them my invoices and they replied with something totally different from the subject matter. BEWARE!!

Offer sixty dollars for refinance signing, including all printing and scanback of complete package. Their payment terms are 45-60 days. They have some rather arbitrary rules about signing format that conflict with my regular format for signings. The Patriot act form must be signed with printed name followed by the words notary public. I usually don’t use the words notary public on a form that is not being notarized. They have another rule about how your name is shown on an acknowledgment. They want name of notary followed by the words, notary public even though the words notary public are preprinted on the acknowledgment. Those are considered errors to be corrected. You have to carefully read their notary instructions since it seems that there are requirements contained there which will intentionally trip up a notary. They lowball and are willing to settle for seventy five dollars under that that is the “standard fee” for the industry. ( If it is the standard fee, why did they offer sixty). I have only done a few with them where I successfully negotiated a higher fee and the assignment was close to my home, but I generally don’t need this type of work and the headache that goes with it

They keep calling but I never answer!!! Just from reading comments on here and many other websites.

They docked my pay once & when I showed them they were wrong the response was oh well we’ve already sent the check now. They don’t need to worry about my errors anymore!!

1 Like

On June 14, 2017 I accepted a signing appointment from Signing Stream. It was a simple CashCall Refinance. I don’t usually do for $60. But I figured this is the first time I’ve accepted a job from them, so why not. After further reading the email and their requirements of fax backs etc. I decided not worth it and attempted to cancel. Thary Mao called me and agreed to a fee of $70 and waived fax backs. Delighted to hear that, I proceeded to the signing and shipped docs next day. June 15 I receive a phone call asking for the scan backs. I let the representative know that Thary Mao waived the scanbacks.
August 11, 2017 I reach out to Signing Stream to follow up on payment and receive a response that payment would only be $55. $15 less than what was agreed. I immediately replied questioning the discrepancy and received this reply from Samuel J from their inept accounting department:
Hi Pea,

We do apologize for the mistake. Support did confirm you called in for verbal Fax Backs.

Thank you,

Samuel J.
Accoutning

Phone: 714-576-2888 |Fax: 714-408-2669
940 South Coast Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
www.SigningStream.com | support@signingstream.com
On August 17, 2017 I receive another email from Keane G stating that the discrepancy was under review. As you can imagine this infuriated me. I did receive a check for $55, still $15 less than the agreed $70. I had been going back and forth with the inept accounting team of Signing Stream since August to no avail and left frustrated than ever. Just now I receive a phone call from yet another imbecile from the accounting department stating they would only send $10 due to an error. This agency has nerve. The audacity of them further deducting my fee after it’s taken them 4 months and longer to pay. They do not stick to the fee they agree with and will find any reason to deduct.
TO ALL NOTARIES OUT THERE. DO NOT ACCEPT A JOB FROM SIGNING STREAM. THEY DO NOT PAY!!!

Same here! They are the absolute WORST. I initially sent them an entire package with ALL not required credentials. After they shorted me on one of my Signings. I have 2 invoices that are still unpaid. I finally decided to go back to their website to check on status. There’s THIS BIG RED NOTICE saying that I’m not in compliance they need this that and the other. I went back to my file that I created for them and everything that they are asking for HAS been delivered to them. I’m not sending another doc because I refuse to do another Signing for them and they better send me my compensation for my completed work.!

No good news from me either. Slow to pay (low ballers at that), docs on the larger side and will nickle and dime you for BS!
Instead of blocking them i answer the phone and make them do their spiel and ask for a minimum of $125. They must be getting their jobs second/third hand reflected by their minimal fees.

@jnewberry, are you in California? I ask because here we are prohibited by law to use our notary stamp or to sign as a notary public on non-notarized documents. Just for this occasion, I include a half sheet with Government Code Section 8207 and say that I have signed as a signing agent only. Always know your state laws and work within those boundaries.

They called me the other day for a job and I told them that I could not work for them because of their really bad reputation among notaries for not paying. The scheduler must have been newer or something because there was silence then a very down, “Okay. Have a nice day.” I actually felt a little bad for them.

I am in Wisconsin. Our statutes are silent on this matter, but I don’t use the phrase or add a seal to any document which does not contain a notarial act. Most notaries public would concur that this is not a “good practice”

1 Like

Well I finally Had to go directly to escrow. Thank goodness I kept a copy of the FedEx mailing label. So I had a point of contact. I will NEVER do another assignment for them. They doc YOU for THEIR mistakes I’ve never dealt with anyone so unprofessional and I hope I never will.

Signing Stream owes me $970.00. They pay every two months. I agree with you they expect to much for little pay. The one check I got from them after over two months they took out $10.00 for me not faxing back. They could not prove I didn’t fax back. I was treated badly while asking for their proof I did not fax back, even though the loan was closed and they got their money. They quit contacting me.

Terrible. Sent me a signing for $85 bucks. Then called me and asked me to work with them to reduce the fee to $55.00 after I performed the work. Sent them an email to take me off the list.
This evening I received a call for them and they asked me to perform a refi WITH scanbacks for $55.00. I asked them if they were joking. My fee id $100 + for the signing plus faxbacks. They stated they would call back. They did and offered $75. I refused. I get another call from them 10 minutes later with an offer of $85 and no faxbacks. Told them that I would take it for $90 and they refused. If they can’y pay me for what I’m worth, go find someone else…
On** a side note. When are we as notaries going to clamp down on our fees. Nobody should be taking assignments for $55.00. Totally unacceptable. The sooner we ALL stand together and demand reasonable fees the sooner we will get paid decently for the work we do. STOP TAKING LOW BALL OFFERS. I’m sure we’re not that desperate to make a buck**.

lots of negative here! I have worked with them for four years. yes they deduct when it is your error. I have not had a problem. Their rates are low, but try to do signings close to your home…these fill in the gaps. Just count on being paid is 60 days. there checks are always good. that is a positive

they do send you an invoice before check is printed. if you have a question…send it as a reply…that way the homework is done before the check is cut!