Slow or no pay from companies

Notary Cloud. I know, I know… I read the warnings, and I knew better… but they caught me on a slow day. 62 days, multiple invoices. Ten days ago I sent out a final past due invoice with the late fee (40% of the total). Why 40%? Because that is what the collection company I use charges - 40% of the recovered fees. Is it a hassle to use a collection company? You bet. Why do I do it? For the satisfaction. I will also file a report with the Better Business Bureau and the Chamber of Commerce of Henderson, Nevada. Needless to say, first and only signing I will ever accept for them.

2 Likes

I was finally paid at about day 55. They suck at service, instructions etc.

If you enjoy not getting paid for months and begging to get your money, SigningTrac is a perfect Company to volunteer for!

1 Like

Yes. I have two that are unpaid after 90 days. I have sent reminder email invoices, a demand letter with a fax follow up. The story changes. Their last email said payment would be sent April 15-20th. It didn’t happen. Last week I put together a package with screenshots of status of both signings, copies of invoices and my emails to the Mortgage and Title company that initiated the signings asking for their help to resolve the issue. No response yet.

Also add Satellite Signing Services. But philFarrar, I will try your suggestion minus sending it to the borrower.

I had the same problem with another company in Florida doing signings for clients for properties here in East Los Angeles & Monterey Park, California. I waited 75 days after sending my invoice clearly marked NO NET 30- ACCEPTED. One email copied to the company and The Florida Secretary of State had my money wired to my account within 24 hours.

Virginia M. Greene
Monterey Park, California

Regarding Satellite Signing Services…I did what was suggested. I immediately got a response from Mike Harris at SSS. He said he had not received any notifications that I had made multiple attempts to find out where payment was. Since he has been involved, he has kept me informed every step of the way and did explain that when a notary posts a comment on a closed order, they don’t see the notification unless they are specifically looking at it at that second like they do when the order is open. He is going to work with Snapdocs to get that fixed. Any notary that has not gotten paid by SSS, pm me & I will give you his direct cell # (per his request) so that he can look into it. I’m very confident that he was being on the up & up!

I got paid but it took 90-120 days.

I may use this tactic for a signing I did last month.

Has anyone worked for Loan-Closerscom? I did a refi last week, They wanted the docs scanned back which I did. Dropped it off on Friday, Today, Monday I get a call saying they received the envelope with no docs in it. Those docs were in there when I dropped them off. Wondering if they are scamming me and what to do abou it.

I never said I would pursue the borrowers. Do you know where I can go to check out this company?

I would have to disagree that NotaryGo should be on the “bad guy” list. Yes, it can be up to 60 days to get paid, depending on the day of the month that you do a Signing. They only pay once a month and it will be on the last day of the month following the month in which the Signing was done. However, they pay like clockwork. And I mean right on the dot. Also, they keep a running tally of work you have done and send an email after each Signing with that complete list of work you have done to date for the month. Then you are paid, and the tally starts for the new month. I do agree they have low ball fees but after doing Signings for them for nearly two years, I have found one can negotiate the fees. If they need you badly enough they will come up on the fee. If not, they won’t. They were literally my bread and butter the first year I started as a Signing Agent, and they still compromise a lot of my work but now at higher fees.

1 Like

With two years experience, you deserve better than to be extending credit for 60 days to a company that assuredly is not waiting 60 days for their payments for the work YOU do.

1 Like

Try Notary Rotary’s rating list - it is very comprehensive. A basic membership is free.

Loan Closer is a reasonable company, in my experience.

Personally, I fail to see how anyone could send an empty shipping envelope by mistake.
If no docs were in the envelope, it may have come open in transit. (The cardboard ones are notorious for it. An excellent and simple way to avoid this is to buy some shipping tape and use a strip to double seal the envelope shut before shipping.)

Obviously you completed the signing (as proven by the scans). The signing company is holding you responsible for the documents AFTER you put them in the hands of the shipping company. You did keep your receipt, correct? It will show the weight of the package when you dropped it off. That is your proof that the package was full at that time.

Thank you again. I did contact Loan Closer and they said to send an invoice and I will get paid.

Where are they located?

I agree. Poooor communication and don’t seem to know what they are doing. They use Signature Closers reputation to supposely guarantee payment…I’m still trying to get paid and use Signature Closer as a middleman. First Source Title is not one I would recommend.

Yes they ow me $240 from October 2019. I have harassed them continually with emails and text msg. I am now adding late fee and sending them a certified mail request. What collection company do you use?

Hi Jennifer could you provide me that information because I have yet to receive payment and I can’t find any contact information to reach them.