Snap Docs question

I just got my first offer for a signing via SnapDocs It was very disappointing as I had to turn it down. It was a last minute signing and the location was a 45 mile drive. I had a previously schedule appointment and would never have had enough time to prepare the docs and get to the signing on time. My question is, the amount offered was very low. Everyone keeps saying don’t accept low ball offers and for this one, the driving distance alone would prompt me to at least ask for more to cover that. However when I declined the offer, it didn’t give me the option to negotiate a price. The reasons for declining were pre-selected options. So could you instruct me on how you negotiate a higher price should I receive a similar offer in the future. I’m hoping declining doesn’t take me out of the loop but there was no way I could have done it in the short amount of time they gave me.

I’m confused. I use Snapdocs also and there is an option to decline a signing because of the fee being too low. It’s worded something like “pay is too low”. When you click on it it gives you the option of entering a fee that would be acceptable to you.

You can enter any fee you think is fair. However, doing so produces little fruit. Over the years I have had only two replies to my requested fee and only one actually resulted in a fee higher than what was offered. Sometimes you just have to pass them up. The industry is flooded with notaries with many more entering the field each day. The signing companies can offer any fee that they want knowing that there will be many of us vying for a given signing.

On the other hand, the number of signings available does not go up just because there are more notaries. The number of signings available is very small and getting smaller.

Thanks for that. I didn’t select the “fee too low” option. I actually declined because I had a previously scheduled appointment. Honestly, I probably would have taken it otherwise just to get one under my belt. I’ll get it figured out.

Taking low fees temporarily to get experience is not unwise. Just don’t undersell yourself and take a loss.

1 Like

usually Snap docs does give you a reason you can type in a fee that fits what you need
I am Lisa Bittner the owner of Coast2Coast
909-917-4586 if you want to just call :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well Lisa I WAS a Notary for you for about 6 - 7 Years, never charged a bunch. Asked for compensation for stuff like , Large packages, Changed times, wrong price on confirmations, etc etc etc… All I got was grief and “we will not bother you again” Hundreds of loans later that you made money on, and You still treat a notary like they are scum… Thanks for the stuff we agreed on and Have a nice day!

Snapdocs lender feel the market out for pricing. I’ve had them price low, I respond with a different price & comment why (like island access, major construction in that area or heavy traffic) and I’ve got them to increase the fees. However, unfortunately there is a “notary” for every deal who will take the fees as is and it keeps the starting fees low.

Respond appropriately & you may like the response, otherwise you would feel guilty as I have by accepting the low fees and find the deal has 190 pages!!

I love Coast to Coast. I used to do a ton of signings for them but stopped getting calls for some reason. I never had any issues with getting paid or getting a higher rate if it was a big package.

2 Likes

Here is a novel idea Lisa. Just offer a fair fee and notaries will accept rather than having to call and beg for a fair fee.

I appreciate how many feel, but some of our clients are credit union’s and they pay C2C $100 for a refi. This is completely 100% truth. How can we offer more than $75 for these? Many title companies are bundling fees, and they get the lions share. But I am always willing to discuss fees. No one has to beg. its called negotiation. I came on notary cafe because someone’s bank was not allowing the echeck to be deposited and I wanted to assist.This business has changed and 3rd parties fees are at the lowest they have ever been

C2C does not treat signing agent partners like “scum” If we did we would not still be in business. I was a signing agent and I know its not an easy job. Many treat it with such professionalism that the loan officers look like armatures. I am sorry that you feel how you do. truly. Clients are paying less and less, and now with interest rates up so high, business is sure to slow down. Please remember I am here and happy to discuss fees, and procedures. but as I said I came on to assist someone who thought their check came back as a closed account and I wanted to make sure it was situated. I dont stalk the boards I know its a good place for signing agents to discuss. So I wont disturb but my phone number is 909-525-8221 and I am always here if anyone needs assistance.
have a great Sunday

1 Like

I appreciate your feedback Lisa but if these clients are only offering $100 then perhaps you should find better clients. If they offer you $50 will you take it and offer a notary $25? There is plenty of business with companies and reasonable rates that I personally don’t have to accept low-ball offers. I am not saying your company specifically but low-ball offers in general from many companies are just not acceptable. And the funny thing is these low ball companies often have bigger packages and require more hand holding and faxbacks, etc. I have no intention of taking lower fees now than I received 11 years ago when I started. I am better off NOT ACCEPTING $75 jobs and putting my time, effort and experience into it just for volume with no profit. Have a good day.

While it is true that $100.00 is very low, by accepting this fee for those credit unions we get the $125.00 and $150.00… the average is $125.00 however. So if clients offered us $50.00 I would concentrate on creating a different source of income and move on. But I have been in business for 18 years. I do not drive a fancy car or have a huge house. I live simply and employ 16 people and I am able to provide health insurance for my employees and their families 100% company paid.We have helped signing agent partners in many ways when they are in need. So I don’t expect everyone to have my philosophy on how to run a business and we all have to do our own due diligence just like you. I give respect to most people in this space. I have to put up with the likes of competitors who pay their employees to bash my company. (I have proof of this) yet, we are too busy to defend every post.
I give my personal cell number for those who would like to ask questions. But I am leaving this chat as SA should feel free to encourage and warn fellow signing agents, without fear of a signing company breathing down anyone’s neck.
thank you for the exchange

Faith, I looked at your profile and you have so many good post, I added you as a favorite and hope to work with you again.
We have tons of Heloc business right now. They pay less (the lenders) but the appointments usually take about 15 mins.
I hope to see you soon on the orders :slightly_smiling:909-525-8221

1 Like

I have over 140 signings with C2C. I have NEVER been disappointed in the relationship with them. There is open dialogue through both chat and phone. If I don’t like the fee being offered I either wait and see if the offer comes back higher, meaning no one accepted the first offer, or reply back with my fee. My business with C2C has allowed for multiple signings on the same day - in the same areas and this keeps my fees low. Their is an accounting section that allows you to track each signing completed and mark when payment is made as an easy to way to see outstanding fees. My process is to wait 60 days ( normally that is the longest period for some companies ) before I push back for payment. Many of C2C pay less than 30 days. I won’t beg anyone to work with them in the Washington/Oregon area since I want to get as much business as possible. I can honestly say C2C is a valuable asset to my business.

1 Like

thank you so much Shelly

I have never had any issues with them paying me on time. I have done signings for them previously. If I believe the fee seems low I am able to respond on Snapdocs and I USUALLY was still assigned. Seems I have slowed down in receiving signings from them recently. Not sure if it was something I did wrong?? Although I do have to say they are a great company and pay on time!!!

1 Like

Lisa, you need someone to do your work out here in the west valley of the Phoenix metro, you count on me. Surprise, the various Sun Cities communities, Goodyear, Litchfield Park, Peoria, Glendale. I have your back if you have mine. I’ve been at this over 2 years now and have HUNDREDS of completed signings, including one for you…
Frank Bagnato
Bagnato Mobile Notary
505-350-7584

1 Like

you are a favorite of ours now :slight_smile:

email me lisa@c2csignings.com