Snapdocs Low ball fees

I am new to Notary Café, and want to say I truly enjoyed this discussion. I have been in the notary business for 2yrs and find it to be a great business, but companies do attempt to take advantage of our time and money. I run my very small business exactly in the same manner as yours, state my price and if that is not good for the signing company I suggest to them to find another signing agent that will work with there fee schedule, and timing requirements. Notaries carry a lot of responsibility and need to be compensate as such. Take stock of your abilities/requirements and be sure you are getting what you are worth!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the insight. I have a simi-standard message I send to the escrow officers/assistants when documents are late:

With regard to today’s (or tomorrow / XX/XX/2018) document signing scheduled @ 1:30pm; I am not in receipt of the closing documents. Could you please provide me with an estimated time you will have them uploaded? I may need to coordinate an updated time with Mr./Mrs. XXXXXXX.

Depending on the lateness; I edit it here and there - I always get a good response. Above all, I try not to point fingers and add to stress levels because at this point, the title office is usually more bent-out-of-shape than we are.

Coast2Coast is a notorious low baller.

1 Like

The loan closing for the most part is like any other purchase. You need to familiar with the contracts in the loan closing documents. I usually find one or two additional contracts(one for the builder and one for the bank) of how money is disbursed. In addition there is always a breakdown of the builders funds from contract to disbursement you should understand.

Just started seeing these $30 jobs…and they require you to print 3 copies of the packet, sign 2, & leave 1. It doesn’t make sense!

New NSA and this is my first post here. Thank you all for the candid comments on this thread! I got my first signing through SnapDocs this past Tuesday. I received the assignment at 6:00 PM and they wanted me to do it THAT NIGHT! Yikes! Without putting a whole lot of thought into it, I accepted it, then proceeded to freak out. Add to that, once I started my print job, I discovered I never purchased legal paper for my new printer! So I had to run out to the store and pick some up, delaying my original signing appointment. Fortunately, the borrowers were extremely nice and flexible with their timing. I kept them informed the entire time, and I arrived at their house around 8:45 PM. I got through the signing and feel much more confident about doing future signings, although going forward I think I will insist on at least 3 hours of lead time if I have to print the docs.

4 Likes

Here is something to make some jealous and some to get encouraged.
I stopped accepting LOW FEES long time ago, I would rather go without a closing for a week or two.
Here are my results, just from snapdocs.

So you gotta know how to be a good poker player, even if you got a bad hand. This below is from the last two weeks of march from SNAPDOCS only. STOP ACCEPTING LOW BALL OFFERS !!

1 Like

i am new to snapdocs and i thought it is a great platform until i get all these low ball notification from them. I usually do general notary work and direct loan doc signing from escrow company. It is crazy low to do a loan doc signing for $75, printing, driving, signing, and faxing back or send it back. It is insulting as well. We are self employed, we need to pay for gas, car, health insurance. $75 dollar per loan signing is toxic ,and it is not a living wage. i totally not appreciate this kind of platform.

3 Likes

Bravo for this post! I feel the same way!

2 Likes

Yep they never set a fee!

1 Like

I don’t use coast 2 coast always.lowballing
you

The whisper is that some title companies using Snapdocs may drop them in near future.

I use snapdocs all the time and love them. Never had a problem, it seems a lot of title companies are trying to drop there fees. don’t take a low fee we have to live too.

Snapdoc doesn’t set the fees the title companies do. Ask for a higher fee I do and usually get it or I don’t take the job

Long but worth reading :clap::clap::clap:
THANK YOU!

1 Like

How do you negotiate a higher fee with the Snapdocs platform? Do you say “no” and because is the fee, then counter?

The vendors that come to snapdocs determine their own fees. Some are low-ball and if Notaries don’t respond, most time they’ll increase their rate until they get a bite. I have a few title companies that pay very well on Snapdocs. Plus if they are on vendor pay your money is guaranteed in 3 weeks if not sooner.

Wow, this post was back in 2018 on snapdocs. Today, in 2022, the low fees still exist from companies using Snapdocs. The fees are low and will continue throughout the years to come under Snapdocs. They too have to make a profit, right.

I totally agree. Snapdocs is turning the industry and to an Uber service. What used to be offered at $125 is now being taken for $65 in Boston where a 1bdr apartment costs $2,500.

I have yet to receive a decent rate from Snapdoc and for the distance they are requiring we driver is not worth it at all. i had to turn down several assignment due to that specific concern. But one thing to keep in mind is they need us to close so we get to choose what we will or will not accept.