Solidifi formerly Linear

I’m a relatively new NSA so I like to take a chance on new companies that come through on Snapdocs for me. I tried taking a job with Solidifi a month ago and it was just a mess. Someone put in the property address for the signing location and the difference was an hour and a half extra of driving so there were negotiations and a rescheduled appointment. The day for the appointment came and no docs came through. Apparently they were aware of the issue but didn’t bother to communicate it, I had to contact them an hour, a half hour before the signing before we had to say, “Okay, this will be cancelled.” In the meantime, I’d had to turn down 5 other jobs for the time slot and it was just so frustrating. But okay, they blamed the lender being late on that one and so I set up another shot with them today. Two hours prior to the appointment? No docs. An hour and a half prior to the appointment I called in and reached Eva at their desk and asked what the hold up was. She informed me that they usually have the docs up 30 minutes to at most an hour prior to appointments and that since they are title and escrow they actually do the document uploading instead of the lender.

Second. Time. It’s now an hour before the signing and I need time to print, prep and DRIVE to the location and still no documents. If by some miracle I manage to complete this job I’ll never accept another from them. I turned down 7 other opportunities and since we work for ourselves out here you just can’t choose such an unreliable company to work for. Most of the other signing companies I work for have a mandatory at LEAST 2 hours before the appointment upload time because life happens - paper jams, traffic, etc and you need the leeway to make sure that you are ready to sit down, on time, with the client to represent both yourself and that company in a professional manner. This? This way of business? Looks good for no one.

Update: They put the signing on hold so I had to ask them to get another NSA or reschedule if possible and then took another job. To sum up my experience with Solidifi was maddening - Grr.

1 Like

Same Here! They blame the Lender, which is more than likely true, but let us know this from the beginning. I have to cancel with them time after time. I really will consider ever working for them again. Did you call the client before leaving your house to verify where the signing would take place? I have a closing for them this Sunday afternoon so if I do not have doc’s on Friday, I will not be closing for them! DONE!

2 Likes

Ok, I was searching for info on Solidifi and came across this! Thank you for sharing!
I have a phone interview with them next week and after reading the posts in here, I don’t think I want to waste my time.
Too many problems:
I need docs ready for printing at least 4 hrs before! Low fee with too many notarizations and large packages with full scan back? Yikes!

I did one for them successfully on Friday 11am. I let them know that I must have docs in by midnight before closing otherwise they will have to reassign to someone else. I was so glad they got the docs in ready for printing the day before:) :pray:. I‘ve booked two more for them next week. They only pay $110 for refi, but only 2-6 miles away, no scan back.

2 Likes

@VIPnotaryCO I have completed a few signings for this company but I always counter at $125.00. However, I will take an order for $100 but it has to make sense. Gas, paper and time are very expensive. May I ask what state are you in?

I’m in Colorado. She said they pay flat fee for each State. Really!

I’m also will stop getting on here. I noticed that people are starting to get meaner and meaner with their replies. God bless to all! Be safe and stay healthy.

1 Like

SLOW DOCS! WAY TOO SLOW! NO DOCS!
Wow, I just canceled my business with Solidifi this morning. I’ve completed only 1 signing on Friday. I accepted 2 more last week that were scheduled to sign for today and tomorrow. I kept asking for docs the day before, 4 hrs before, 2 hrs before, at 1hr before. Awful!!! I called and asked them to reassign to someone else since they can’t get the docs in on time. And I also asked them to cancel another signing for tomorrow. Terrible. No Thank you. They better pay for that first signing I’ve completed.
Don’t they know that signing agents are busy and we get at least 2 to 5 a day and we need time to print, review and flag the night before we head out the door the next morning, and sometimes we don’t get back in the office until 9 or 10pm? Ugh. Solidifi. No Thank You.

3 Likes

They have gotten worse in the last 6 months. I had become accustomed to thinking of them as a good customer, but after reading your posts I checked my cancellations.

Status now changed to “only to fill space at the last minute”.

AGREED!!! I’ve taken to Notary Cafe specifically to get other perspectives - thank you for posting.

@VIPnotaryCO, I just did the same thing with Doc signers LLC. They didn’t send me docs since yesterday through snapdocs right at the time I’m suppose to meet with Borrowers still no docs. So I sent them a message to reassign snd contact the borrowers. They did not bother to contact the borrower but they did cancel the order.

The ability to produce docs in advance is NOT In the hands of signing services.
Many events need to come together.

Lender / Title / Payoffs / Taxes etc.
So it is usually the CD or the Settlements that delays the file from being produced.

An alternative way to work towards efficeincy is to have the electronic signing of CD / Settlement statement and Notary can witness that , All other documents / mortgage/ note / affidavits and various recordable documents can be produced in advance with proper date .

The National Title associations and Mortgage Bankers association need to update these standards.

So its not worth time to blame someone else.

The fault lies in a process/ workflow /system that is not reviewed and updated periodically to be updated for efficiencies.

Not sure why this is left under my post. But ok

1 Like

Such poor customer service. I’ve been asking for a week fir them to mark docs sent in Snapdocs so I can close out an order so my payment could enter the payment cycle. They never responded so I had to be a jerk. Then a supervisor replied they will no longer use me because I’m rude. Well, I wasn’t rude until I asked for something for a week and was ignored daily. Good BYE solidify!

I am doing my second loan signing with Solidifi this week. Has anyone else found their documents to contain orphan Acknowledgment and Jurats, messed up signature pages, blank pages, duplicated docs, like (2) Quit Claim Deeds, other docs asking for notarization without proper notarial wording. Etc etc…I’m feeling really weary that I am being taken advantage of here.