Strange emails and scams targeting Notaries

I just received this too and was sceptical since the return email address was an outlook address, not an attorney’s office. Also, no attorney name on the address line. The idea that the sender has a Nigerian name is immaterial. The email looks fake particularly with the click this link bit! I checked her out before doing anything further too. I will delete it. Thanks.

Another scam is spoofer callers who use other local notary numbers in their headers to make us think a competitor is harassing. Don’t believe it.

Def a scam, I received the same email, ugh!

I received a similar email yesterday saying that they found my info on 123notary. I didn’t notice the email it came from until today when it didn’t match the one from yesterday. The signature that is on the bottom of the email appears to be a real person at a real title company (Sunshine Title) with a totally different email address. Thank goodness for all my computer protection! And thank you to those of you that have posted about this!

Anyone heard of Notary Locate?. Recently recieved this:

||
||
|# Are you available for notary services?

Hi ,

NotaryLocate.com is in need of qualified notary professionals in your area. Our notary members receive notary jobs from title companies, mortgage companies, attorneys, and others in need of their notary services.

Your notary membership will never expire.

Let us help your increase your notary business.

\ 150x89|
|Copyright © 2022 NLocate, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website.

Our mailing address is:

NLocate

2400 E Katella Ave

Anaheim, CA 92806-5945

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp\ 435x64|

Just say NO. If you search using the magnifying glass above you can see other info already posted about this company.

1 Like