Take only Business from Title CompNies

Folks don’t take cheap $50 business from signing
Companies that either won’t pay you or delay payment for 3 months hoping you forget to beg them to send you the peanuts they offer. Upgrade your experience and refuse cheap signing companies! Accept only title companies and no signing companies.

4 Likes

I will only work with Title Companies, life is too short chasing these low ball offers from signing services. If you really track all of your overhead, and Notary Gadget is a great tool for that you will quickly realize how much you are really carrying. If you add up the cost of paper, toner, car insurance, maintenance, etc., and compare that to a $35 signing unless is right around the block from you it is probably a money losing proposition, When I first got into this business I was told “do not leave the house for less that $100”. I have stayed with that advice, and when I ran the numbers (I have an MBA in Finance) i found that to be true.

7 Likes

Hi: How do get direct Title company business?

3 Likes

Can’t agree more! I figure it costs me an average of $35 per signing to cover print costs, travel, and misc. expenses (they don’t give background checks and E/O insurance away for free!). So if you spend an hour driving, an hour at the signing table, and an hour printing and inspecting docs, scanbacks and bookkeeping, you will end up with $21.67 per hour on that $100 gig.

Pizza delivery makes more than that…

1 Like

I’m a new NSA. I sent out emails to title companies asking how I can be on their list of approved Notary Signing Agents. Out of several only 2 responded. One said they would add me to their list. One said I needed to provide references. How do you provide references when you are new and don’t have experience yet? This is why new Agents are taking those low amounts. I haven’t but people are definitely taking them and most are new Agents to get the experience. What do you suggest in this case?

2 Likes

Do tell. What are some GOOD title companies to sign up with?

1 Like

Well, if I can get hooked up with title companies, I would love to work for them; but I’m having trouble getting on their list of preferred signing agents. I’ve even signed up with over 20 signing agencies and I still haven’t gotten any assignments.

3 Likes

I would love to ‘get hooked up with title companies’. To tell someone or suggest to someone what to do without ‘how to’ is just rude.

I find some notaries will not share that kind of information. I believe many don’t want competition or keep their ideas and info a secret.

So I think they shouldn’t make suggestions if they don’t help!
Good luck and don’t give up!

4 Likes