Telephone verification fee

Have any of you experienced telephone conference verification. if so what’s the going fee. I received a call from a local gentleman stating he has to be before a notary; to verify his identification (DL) on conference call with a judge re: a child custody case.

1 Like

Generally, you arrive 10 minutes before the call, get ID info into your journal, have them sign ‘whatever may or may not be required’, wait for call and you USUALLY are also swearing the party in for a ‘phone deposition’. Fee…whatever the traffic will bear; don’t forget travel time/mileage. Least I’ve done these for was $85 (many years ago). If nearby now $100. I have gotten $150…some travel involved. No 2 of these are alike and you may find yourself standing around waiting, so ether address wait time or factor it into fee.

I’ve done these at request of both attorney or person giving testimony. Here in FL we can charge $10 to administer an oath plus a modest travel fee. My fee for this would be $25-$30, but the caveat to this is I show up, ID the person, collect my fee wait for the phone connection, answer the judge’s questions (mostly about MY ID) then swear the person in - then I’m done. I do not stay for the testimony - I provide the person with my certificate that I’ve administered the oath in case the judge wants it. These are usually 5-10 minute appointments (not counting travel, which I limit to very local destinations). I do not accept these types of assignments from signing services or the like - at a fee of $25-$30, I refuse to share…LOL

1 Like