Texas notaries we deserve a fee increase!

ATTENTION!!!
CALLING ALL TEXAS NOTARIES!!

State Senator Jose Rodriguez (D) has introduced SB665 to the 2017 Texas Legislature. This bill requires Texas Notaries to meet education requirements for commission. This is good news, but the bill could go further.
We believe that it is time for an increase to Notary Fees. The current fees are $6.00 for the 1st signature notarization, and $1.00 for each additional notarization thereafter. We believe that this should be increased to $10.00 per notarization. The current fees have not been changed in over 20 years.
Please consider signing our petition, and then sending an email or letter to your State Senator or Representative.

Below find a link to the petition, and a link to a helpful resource to find your Senator or Representative. If the link does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste into your browser.

Together we are strong!!!

https://rowens9.wixsite.com/texasnotarieshelp

Wow,Washington, DC raised our fee to $5,as of December 2016, previously it was just $2. Which for me is not a bad deal ($5) because most folks would give more anyway. However if it goes up to much they will call it income and impose a tax. I am just saying, I think it should be a little more reasonably priced for all concerned.

1 Like

No matter if the fee is $2 or $10 or $15 - notary income is taxable income. It’s only exempt from self-employment tax.

1 Like