The Notary Pool paying

Would any of you let someone else a stranger to reach into your wallet take out 30.00 to 40. Dollars as that is the cost you pay for every Signing;
paper, toner, gas, supplies for every Signing you do.
Start subtracting that amount from every offer you get and then see if you want the difference paid to you
Ok now Signing companies are using snapdocs so imagine how much they are getting paid per Signing to afford to pass the work off to SNAPDOCS WHICH IS Very EXPENSIVE. I hate to say it but most of you accepting less than 100.00 to start your car will be out of business very soon

I recently had my first experience with The Notary Pool after 2 signings I completed thru SnapDocs; one on 8/18/2017 and one on 9/16/2017.

Yesterday I logged into SnapDocs and posted a comment in each order asking for payment status. Within 19 minutes, I recvd the following reply on the 9/16/2017 appt: “The accounting department pays at net 45 days.”

So, this file has yet to meet their net 45 day standard and hence, no hesitation to let me know this.

However, I recvd NO reply to the order from 8/18/2017 for which their net 45 day period appears to have expired. So I attempted to post a second comment in that order explaining that the net 45 day period had passed, but I was not able to post any more comments. I could type in the comments box but the “submit” button would not work. It appeared that The Notary Pool BLOCKED my ability to post any further comments in the order.

I then tried calling the main number (844.351.6533) and got a message saying to call 714.953.7040 for accounting issues. I then called the 714 number and got an answering service who took a message and said that the accounting dept was in a meeting, but they would pass along my message.

I then found the accounting depts email address: accounting@thenotarypool.com and sent an email asking for a definition of “net 45 days” and explained that it appeared that the net 45 day period had expired on the 8/18/2017 file.

Within a short time (30 min approx), I recvd an email with the e-check and a second email from Jackie Hansen in the Accting Dept with the following response, which had a request therein which I found VERY ODD.

Here is the email response:

Good Morning,

This email is to inform you that a payment has been sent to you via echeck.
If you could please CASH OR DEPOSIT TODAY. Due to some accounting issues we are trying to balance out our account.

If you cannot find the check that has been emailed to you, please check your spam or junk folder, you can also login to
http://www.deluxe.com/echecks/and you create an account using the same email you have in snap docs.
You will have access to see all the checks there and print it out.

Jackie Hansen
Toll Free:844.351.6533 - Press 1
Office hours: 24 hours/ 7days
Email:Jackie@thenotarypool.com
Please allow 24 – 48 hours for a response
www.TheNotaryPool.com

So, I went to my bank right away.

I just find it odd that I wait 60 days from the signing, call them out on their net 45 day standard, get a check in 30 minutes but am told to cash or deposit the check immediately.

I did thank Jackie for her prompt response and instructions. It does seem that she wants to do the right thing but may have her hands tied somehow. Otherwise, why would she instruct me to cash or deposit the check the same day?

I am still waiting on payment for the 9/16/2017 file and will put this on my followup list about 30 days from now unless payment comes in sooner.

Based on this experience, I may need to reconsider accepting future orders from them. It does appear they may have cash flow issues.

For those here, if you do get your check, cash or deposit immediately.

BTW-The address shown on The Notary Pool website appears to be a UPS Store in Tustin, CA. Here is the Google Maps link:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+UPS+Store/@33.7300687,-117.7894032,74a,35y,331.18h/data=!3m1!1e3!4m8!1m2!2m1!1scredit+union+Tustin,+Jamboree+Road,+Tustin,+CA!3m4!1s0x80dcdb80ec234bf1:0xce5cefed90e6d679!8m2!3d33.7302289!4d-117.7895341

I’m so sorry you were treated that way. When I started this line off work, I too traveled over 200 miles round trip, in the snow, way up north, with no cell service. I entered the borrowers home, where I entered their identification in my book, and began the closing process, when we came to a problem on the CD. That was a HUD back in the day. So we called the loan officer, who didn’t have any answers, so he would call us back in a few. Well the borrowers didn’t want to go further until he returned their call, with the answers they were expecting. I tried to call him after 20 minutes. It was getting late by now, and the borrowers were getting annoyed. “I” was getting annoyed, but of course, I had to hold it together professionally, for the sake of the company, and the integrity of the loan. So we sat and waited again. Again, we called him back, and again, he said he would call us right back. Didn’t happen. I have now been there for over an hour, and we were only a quarter of the way through a 200 page loan package. He finally had the answer, when I called him to inform him, that the borrowers had to work the next morning, and would need to reschedule if we couldn’t get this thing rolling. Amazing, he suddenly had the answer they were looking for, so the closing resumed. Just short of them signing the mortgage, we ran into another problem. There was no one in the office now, and no after hours phone number available. I had been there going on 2 hours, and so close to the end, he bails out on me. That loan officer knew he promised he would be there if there borrowers had any other questions. Well guess what? He lied! Shocked? At the time I was, but have since learned to expect what they say is a lie first, and accept it to be truth when they follow through, and not a moment sooner. I just couldn’t believe it, and felt so ashamed that I was sitting there with probably the most important documents these people had ever had before them, with no loan officer available to complete the process. At their request, I had no choice but to pack up, and have the closing rescheduled when the errors in the documents were corrected. Guess what I got paid for that job? A print fee. Yep, that’s what I was paid for over 6 hours of work into this loan, plus my gas and other expenses. I’ve only ran into two other circumstances since then that have taught me some very valuable lessons. In this case, I told them if they felt so inclined not to pay me, I was so inclined to take them off the companies I do business with list. I’ve never worked for them since, and don’t regret my decision one bit. And from time-to-time they do call, and they do beg. After everything I went through to try and save that loan for them, and that was the way they chose to thank me, it feels great to say no to them to this day. Another lesson learned was to never, ever go to a closing without confirming with the borrower that they are expecting me, and either I have the documents in hand, or have verified with the borrower, just before leaving my office, that they have them in theirs. You can’t believe how many times I was assigned a closing, only to find out that the borrower was in another state, and the loan company was well aware of it. But they mistook the address on the loan, for the homeowners home address, when in fact it was their vacation home address. Before learning the hard way, I had gone to a closing an hour away, because the signing company told me I had to go. Even though I hadn’t been able to get in touch with the borrowers. When I arrived at what was obviously a cottage, on a very deserted beach, in the middle of the winter, they told me I had to wait a half hour, then if they still weren’t there, I could leave. I was paid a print fee, and a very small, almost completely insulting, travel fee. If they play with me, lie to me, or cheat me, they go on my black list. Companies I will not work for. For those that dock my fee when I receive my pay, without justifiable cause, I simply tack that amount on to the next job I do for them. Three strikes though, and they’re out. I black list them as well. I am too busy, and put everything I have into each and every job I accept, to be cheated, or played a fool. And none of you should either. Seasoned, or just beginning, this is a serious business, and we deserve to be respected. I live in a very rural area where I can afford to deal with these companies this way, but I’m sure it’s not so easy for anyone who lives in an area where there are many of you, they can call to fill the job. That’s why it’s imperative that everyone takes the time to sit down, and figure out their worth, in this line of business. And then stick to it! I’m sure your fee would be competitive, even in the cities, if you all demanded your worth. Find a base fee you’re comfortable with, then go from there, adding on for expenses, and mileage. As long as there are signing agents out there willing to go the distance, according to these signing company’s rates, things will never change. So it’s vital to our industry that each and every one of us take the time to find they’re worth, and then stick to it.

I did a signing in July 2017, I just got paid today. This was after calling several times, only getting the answering service. I finally called other numbers that were on the confirmation page. I was told to contact Jackie Hansen by email. Jackie@thenotarypool.com
I hope this helps you. I don’t know why they think anyone wants to work for free.

Hello,

Has anyone did any singings in 2018 and have not been paid yet?

I’ve done a total of 8 signings with The Notary Pool. The first four were paid after about 60-70 days. The last four have not been paid after multiple attempts on my part. (Those 4 signings took place in November 2017, December 2017, and January 2018.) I’ve invoiced, called, and just sent an email to Jackie@thenotarypool.com. (Thank you @karencounts for providing the email address!) We’ll see if she responds. Such a bummer!

I haven’t been paid since 2017 or ever. still waiting

I got paid once in 2018, that was in January. I’m owed for services rendered in January and February of 2018. I have gotten any replaces from any of my email and voice messages.

Does anyone know what happened and how many siging agents have not been paid by The Notary Pool?

If you are on Facebook and a member of any of the big notary or NSA groups there, you can search for posts about them (or any other firm or topic of interest to you) and you will see loads of comments. This particular company is well-known there as a deadbeat firm that does not pay or pays only after a great deal of effort – AND the owners has posted photos of his vacations and such while claiming he could not afford to pay the notaries who worked for him.

Meanwhile, for the people on here telling other notaries what to charge, you may want to go on ftc.gov and read their article about price fixing, as it appears you are suggesting that your competitors adopt a fee that you want, which could be illegal.

As far as creating a national (or even state-wide) group of notaries to demand whatever from the services that hire us, stop! First, we are commissioned officers of our respective states, not employees. We work for the public when we are notarizing, and for our clients (not employers) when we are doing the signing agent part of the NSA business. None of those roles allow unions or cooperatives. Second, as freelance business owners providing services to the public and to our clients, we are either in different market conditions (so what you think the fees should be is irrelevant unless you are here with me) or we are in the same market (so we are competitors). Competing businesses can not organize the way you are suggesting. Doing so could be considered restraint of trade or a violation of the anti-trust rules or other illegal actions.

What folks need to understand about this business is that it is unregulated. By which I mean that, except for the few states that require a Title Insurance Producers License and the few that are attorney-only, any notary can become an NSA just by deciding they want to be. There is no legal requirement for classes, certification, exams, background checks, membership in this group or that, or listing on any directory. Those are marketing requirements from the hiring firms and their clients, the lenders and title companies; you need those credentials in order to compete. You may hate the required credentials or you may love them. It does not matter. If you don’t have them, your competitors in your market will get the business and you will not.

The same thing applies for the fees: you may hate them or love them, but if you refuse to accept the fees, you will not get the work. UNLESS you find other firms to work for, which is what everyone needs to focus on – finding clients who are not listed on NR or 123 or any of the other lists that everyone knows about.

Also, for those who say “well, there are only a few good notaries in this area, so I can charge whatever I want,” uhm, no. You can not. You can charge whatever your clients are willing to pay. If you have clients now who are willing to pay what you consider a good fee, do everything you can to let them know how much you cherish them, as they could disappear tomorrow. All it takes is one new employee there who was told to go down the list and find the first person willing to accept the fee being offered; or the one person at the firm who really likes your work leaves and is replaced by someone who does not know you from Adam; or the brass reading an article about remote notarization and deciding to send all the work to one of the platforms that offer that service.

Remote online notarization is the game changer, the NSA-business-killer. It has now been made legal in the following states: VA, MT, TX, NV, IN, TN, MN, VT, and MI. That is 9 states! Any one of those could be the host of a title company call center (or remote notary platform call center) that could handle ALL the business for that state or a sizable portion of the business for the entire country. MT limits their remote notaries to serving signers who are in MT; the other 8 states authorize their remote notaries to serve signers who are anywhere. Several more states are considering remote online notary laws this session; some are studying them for next year’s session. So far, only two states have turned them down (FL and CO) and you can bet they will be back next year in those states. So, this is a growing trend and it will impact the NSA business in a huge way within the next 1 to 5 years.

Bottom line, your local market just got turned into a national market. If you think the competition was bad before, get ready for it to be insane. If you thought fees were low before, get ready for them to be even lower.

YES YES YES!!! Tim you are so right - and when I said that elsewhere, someone threw out the “chicken little” factor - but sorry to say folks, yes the sky MAY BE falling. Think about it. Closings are done online now; there are remote notaries in various states who can service the country at large; electronic recordings are becoming the norm; One big conference call - borrowers on one end, title on one side, remote notary on the other side - all being conducted in one call; liability coverage and storage requirements satisfied by notary and title company…BINGO - you have a full remote closing without anyone being put out…and it’s already been done in Florida and various other venues.

I wish you all the best of luck - and for those of you just stepping into this arena, please re-think your decision to become an NSA…IMO the future is limited there.

Took 3 months for them to pay me earlier this year and had to threaten to send them to collections to finally get paid. Will not work for them again!

I ended up contacting the title company telling them the The Notary Pool wasn’t paying the notaries. I was paid in less than a week after I contacted the title company. The stiffed me on 2 closings that were paid through Deluxe echecks. By the time I realized they had paid, the checks had expired and the bank wouldn’t let me deposit them. I tried numerous times to get them re-issued but dead silence on their end. I contacted Snapdocs about why they continued to do business with a company that didn’t pay the notaries and Snapdocs responded that they don;t do business with them anymore.

The Notary Pool is NOT a good company to work for. Look them up on Google review. They have PLENTY of bad reviews and are banned from Snapdocs. I did a signing back in 2017 and STILL to this day have not been paid and I have spoke with John Hoyt and his clan. They are a company who WILL rip you off AND you most likely will be writing those jobs off on taxes as a loss.

BEWARE OF THE NOTARY POOL. THEY HAVE ALSO CHANGED NAMES. I will post it later in a different post when I find out that name. They NEED to be BANNED!

The Notary Pool is not one of the better singing agencies to work for, beware of doing
work for them. You have been warned!

1 Like

oh shoot I know one signing service that I use and they only pay in the 5th of each month. So far they have paid on time, but have gotten lower with their fees. They are also starting to go lower with the fees, which is not cool. Considering we are doing all the work for under $100/pop now. I am only dealing with 2 signing companies and not going to do anymore unless they pay me at least $125/pop.

I had one Bad time with them. Always Threaten to call Title on them. You’ll get your Check Overnight. It worked for me and “I Stopped doing Business with them.” Just Walk Away.

Notary pool owes me along with many other companies.

Save yourselves the horror. I just cant believe they are still doing business. They are no longer able to work on the snapdocs forum because they have stiffed so many people. Do the reviews on line with their name in quotations like this “Notary Pool” and you will find all their BAD BAD BAD reviews. Sad part is, they can change the names of their company.

Hope you get paid.

Complain to the title / settlement contact you have on the CD document / 1003 document.
Say you are filing a complaint with the commissioner of Banking with your state and also file a compliant to the commissioner of title insurance in your state and also the state where the property is situated for handling business with unlicensed entities.

These SS act as a pass handling NPI and other sensitive data. While you have to obtain BG verification and E&O policies. The problem with SS is they can obscure themselves, change names , and do business all over again. So one gotta wonder how and who they know?
I suspect someone in the title company is in cahoots with these entities and getting kickbacks.
If you scrutinize the document, there is an underwriter for each title company.

Find out the Contact for the underwriter insurer company and email seeking to forward your email to the legal counsel of the underwriter and this will definitely teach these companies a lesson they need.

Getting dropped by an underwriter is the worst punishment for a title agency.