The Signing Agents LLC problem

I haven’t been paid for a signing I did for The Signing Agents and they will not answer my e-mail or return my calls. They were happy with the signing I did and even recommended me to another co. for a signing. I am pursuing it legally.

You are right on this situation. They will not answer your call or your e-mail. They simply ignored you after your signing service is done. May I suggest you contact directly the title company or the lender where the loan documents originated from. If you still have the information for these companies, contact them and ask for a help. Mention to them that The Signing Agents LLC did NOT pay you. Ask for a help to get paid for your service. You deserve it!

Also, you may send an invoice to The Signing Agents LLC directly to Onesimus to remind him that he owes you money for your signing service. Sometimes he will say that it was an oversight. Not sure if it’s true. Good Luck!

Thank you for the info. He can’t say it was an oversight. He did take my phone call a week ago and said he would check on it and call me back in an hour and of course he never did. He also didn’t reply to my e-mails. I did write to the title co and lender. I also sent him a demand letter which is required before you sue. All the letters should be delivered today. I am a certified legal document preparer so I won’t hesitate to sue if I don’t get my my money. There is no excuse for this.

You are welcome SusanAZ.

Glad that you follow protocols. Don’t let any agency intimidate you (or all of us). You are right, there is no excuse. Give us an update when you get paid.

Please post about this company in as many forums you can find in other websites and they also allow you to rate from 1 star to 5 stars.

1 Like

Update: I am a Notary2Pro graduate so I told Carol Ray, the owner, about this. The signing co has a banner on the front page of the website saying “Proud Supporter of Notary2Pro” and I was sure Carol wouldn’t want her company name associated with a signing co that didn’t pay. She called the signing co and spoke to the owner and asked him why he didn’t pay me. She told him she was like a mother hen to her graduates and she doesn’t do business with companies that don’t pay her graduates. He made excuses but mailed the check the next day. I received it today. One of the perks of taking her course!

Narayan, I did post in signing central and gave them one star. If you have another forum in mind, let me know.

2 Likes

@SusanAZ 123notary.com & notaryrotary.com , ofcourse Notarycafe.com under notary experiences
So curious:

What’s the content of the course / training you got from Notary2Pro ?

It’s all a webinar, 5 hours of the basic loan signing with other videos on different related subjects and many audios on other subjects plus optional 1-2 hrs of reverse mortgage. A lot of the content is on You Tube so you can go there and see. The advantage to taking the course is there are many signing co’s who give preference to Notary2Pro graduates and you can ask Carol questions before and after graduating. I felt prepared after the course. I took the NNA test first and passed but didn’t feel prepared so that’s why I took her course.

Update on The Signing Agents. They called two weeks later and offered me another signing with an apology and said they would pay my fee in two weeks to make up for the past. They wanted me to know that they were a good co. So I did the signing, was not paid in two weeks but I sent an e-mail on the 18th day and the check was sent right out. Since then I have done another signing for which the payment is not due yet but the owner told me to e-mail if I didn’t get paid in time and he would send the check right out.

I’d also suggest joining NotaryReviews.org and if you’re active on FB, look for our group same name.

The group is only for NSAs, and we have a wealth of information there. The website was created not too long ago to make it more secure for NSAs to share, review and rate hiring companies.

I signed two laon for them since last April and had not been paid. I sent invoice and called them and they just ignore me. I am wondering if anybody can provide the owner’s phone number so I can call him directly as you teacher did. TKS I think rule of thumb avoid signing with this company in the future. It is not worth the time spended to chase after them.