They need to professional

I agreed to do a loan signing for coast to coast the lenders didn’t send the paperwork in time, and coast to coast cancelled the signing so I left my house for about three hours and I don’t have my phone for a couple of days since I broke it (my fault) so I come back home to check my emails and I have all kinds of messages from them asking me to do the signing, saying that the couple were at the place where we were supposed to meet. Honestly I’m upset about this I would have never not shown up or at least called but they told me the signing was cancelled and I moved on.

Coast to Coast is not a great company to work with and has reviews at Notary Rotary saying they do not pay, so it sounds like you dodged a bullet. Since C2C cancelled the signing, your obligation with them was done. It was on them to either contact you to see if you were still available or find another notary.

I disagree guys. 1st and foremost, once you accept any assignment, before heading out to a signing double check with the borrower and check your emails too (call/text to notify your on your way/or inform them the app was cancelled). Ive done several signings for C2C and I have never had any issues with them in the past in terms of payments. An issue Ive had with not just C2C and other companies is not providing documents ON A TIMELY manner, but yet its not C2C/other companies fault. In reality, the lenders are at fault for not making documents available right away. I personally dont like rushing and when I accept any assignment, I let them know that I do not print 2 hours prior to the signing. And believe me… I have refused to head out to signings and have had them reassign because of this. That’s just me! (I still give the borrower a call and inform them why I will not be showing up). I am my own boss and if I agree to their terms then they must agree to mine.