Tile Source slow business lately, tier pricing

I talked to Title Source again today. I learned there have only been seven TS signings in my area (Portland, OR) in the last two weeks, no signings the last five days. I was also told signings are given via the TS app.-- if the notary meets three criteria (1) Notary score (2) Physical address of Notary/proximity to signing (3) Price notary is asking to do signing. A notary will receive first call on app. if (1) score is 100+ (2) If notary is closest to signing address (3) If price for signing notary is asking is $55-$65. In other words, all three criteria must be satisfied to receive first call. If signing is given to notary meeting all three criteria first, other notaries down the list will not receive a call.

I get calls from them frequently, no notifications on the app. They pay 125. in my area for refinances which I might do occasionally if I’m not busy, but never for less.

1 Like

Has anyone completed any signings with them since they’ve changed to Amrock?

Get over to NotaryRotary where a discussion about TS is going on. It seems they’re changing their name, as well as how they do business.

My post about pricing was just to report what is going on, specifically the TS drop to $65. for notary fee. As I interpret it, there are a lot of notaries willing to take $65/20, which affects those of us getting $20 more. In fact, I just received my first notary signing via the app in three weeks–and the fee is $65/20 vs. my usual $85/20. I did about 220 TS signings last year at $85/20. If I had been paid just $65/20, well, you do the math as to how much income I would have lost. (P.S. My understanding is that tier pricing has been in place in all areas for two years). I don’t know about a lot of new notary bashing going on, it’s certainly not the intent of my posts.

I’m curious why they are paying $125 a signing in your area vs. $65 in the Portland, OR, area. Do you live in an area where there are fewer notaries? Most notaries would agree that $125 is great fee (and. where fees should be), and yet you only do these signing occasionally when you’re not otherwise busy. Would you elaborate on your post? Thanks

I agree with the first 2 criteria, but the price is too low. Wont take a Notary long to realize they are not making money.

1 Like