Title Company/ Attorneys Office for cash out signings

I’ve been missing out on cash out signings here in TX because I don’t have access to a Title Company or Attorney Office. Does anyone know the process to gain access to either of these?

You have to contact title offices in your area one by one. Main reason is although you may have an office in one area that will allow you to use their facilities another one won’t although they are under the same title company umbrella.
Ask to speak to office manager. Explain that you are a Signing Agent and that at times, to do a cash out, you need to use a room at a title/attorney’s office. Do they rent a room? If they do, then you are in, if they don’t, move on.
Main complaint against renting, is that they don’t want the liability. The rumor is that a client of signing agent came in and then later included their title Company in the law suit.
Have information on your E&O insurance
Price can range from free if your signing is for same title company (Capital can sign at a Capital office) up to $50. Your signing company will usually pay you up to $50 extra for a title room.
Make sure that you inform your client clearly who their title Company is and that You are just renting a room.
Good luck!

1 Like

I am going through the same thing if you find out any information let me know I am here in Texas also and going through the same thing.