Two-Part Signing Etiquette

I am just curious how many of you print extra certificates for the 2nd notary in a mail away closing. I usually do but have received packages where the first notary didn’t. It’s not a big deal to attach my own certificates when needed but I just feel like I’m not being courteous to the 2nd notary if I don’t print out the extra certs for them. I also think the package looks “cleaner” if the notary certificates are the same as the ones provided. Thoughts?

2 Likes

I do likewise, so obviously agree with your thoughts.

2 Likes

That’s the 2nd notary’s responsibility (To print their own Ack & Jurats). They should be reviewing the docs before they go out to the signing anyways (this way they can ask questions to the Title or signing company before hand). That’s just being professional on they’re part. In my 17 years, I have never received extra Ack & Jurats from the 1st notary, and I don’t expect it.

1 Like

Agree, anaheim_notary. I just look at it as a professional courtesy and like the final ‘look’ of the pkg.

1 Like

Oftentimes two part signings will happen in two different states. Therefore and for example my WA certificate is not going to work for a notary in Florida. I do not provide the “other notary” the certificates. It should be that notary’s job to attach whatever notary certificate they will use to notarize. However, what I do try and be conscientious of is forms that for example the signing agencies will provide that will list two borrowers but only one notary signature line such as on ID forms. If I catch those forms at time of printing docs then I will make sure to print an extra set for the “other notary.”

1 Like

Thank you, everyone for taking the time to reply. I just wanted to do the right thing. If it’s not the usual practice, I’ll save time, paper and toner and not print extra certificates for the 2nd notary (unless I’m sending one to Arichter :laughing:).

1 Like

Nah…I rarely get a ‘courtesy cert’ when I’m second half… which mildly annoys me and is most likely why I provide them…but I’m used to it. Also I do what areizik said.

1 Like

Yes, I have extras printed out just in case, as my own courtesy (out of my own pocket of course lol, it’s all good). I consider it going the extra mile even though it’s more like going an extra step.

1 Like

Well, I’m glad to hear there are like-minded folks. I’m a leftover relic from the medical field. Old habits die hard. I feel like I need to make sure the next person has plenty of sheets to “chart” on and I strongly fight the urge to give them report.

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: Needed 20 characters.