United Professional Notaries

Hello everyone. Just wanted to reach out With an update and let you know that we have decided to keep the momentum going! We are going to transition “Oppose AB 199” into a national advocacy group called United Professional Notaries - Advocacy for Notaries by Notaries. We are in the process getting everything in order. In the meantime, If you have an issue that you think we should fight for, please list it below or message me directly.

3 Likes

Matt add me to your list this seems to be what we have needed to have some sort of accountability. To many companies stiff the notary and stay in business to do it again. The NNA is no help in this. They could do something if they wanted to but if you notice they are for e-doc signing so they can sell it as a training package. In the 29 years as a member of NNA all they have done is sold me on their service. Looked for ways to be able to enact legislation which they could benefit from and charge more money. Let’s see Back Ground Checks by there company every year what was wrong with the FBI check the SS has you do every 4 years? The testing for State of Ca that they teach is ok so why all these other companies wanting to have you take there test or pay for there classes. Having to be a Certified Notary Signing Agent is another example of the NNA promoting self interest. Selling everyone who falls for it the need for $100,000 E&O this is not of the SS web site to become a notary only a sales tool promoted by them to all the title company’s. Of all of these 3 party changes by interpretation of the Dod Frank bill by guess who…

Matt, I’m in Florida and if you are able to form a United Notary Group please count me in. The fees being offered are going lower and lower instead of going up with the cost of operating expenses. If all Notaries would stand together against low fees maybe we can change things. The companies need to realize that they get what they pay for when choosing a Cheaper Signing Agent. A professional experience Loan Closer as opposed to a Notary who has never been in the real estate or legal field will not know how to handle a loan closing as well as an experienced retired Loan Processor/Closer.

2 Likes

Matt,
Count me in. I’m in Florida and nothing is as important to me as stopping the remote notarization movement. FL stopped it last year, but it is coming up again for a vote this summer. Let me know what I need to do in FL to help stop remote notarization passing the legislature.

Hello
Count me in on the Oppose AB 199. We need an advocacy group I would love to make a different in how the notaries are treated. If i can do anything to help move this forward don’t hesitate to reply.

I would like to be considered for this as well. Thank you!

Hi Matt
I’m in Florida also and we need this add me to the list

Hi Matt-I, also am in central Florida and oppose this bill and it just invites fraud and lower fees…please add me to your list
thanks
Eric R

1 Like

This link should be shared with every facebook notary group out there… I know I’ll be sharing it.

add me to your list. just an fyi… signing agent was started by a girl in Colorado. The NNA got wind of it and bought out the competition. The NNA is a money making business., not at all interested in the notary or making things better for us. my email address is mydocs@centurylink.net

Matt, are you building a list of Notaries that want to be a part or member of UPN? If so, please add me. Please message me with more info.

Can you please add me as well? Thank you

Please keep me in the loop too.

Hi Matt,

Im all in on the issues that Notaries, Signing/Agents/Closers are having. I see where there are 256 views and 12 replies, 13 with mine. I want to assume the 256 are those that are less experienced, surely a seasoned person understand the issues that we are facing. United We Stand, Divided We Fall…

Count me in! I am in Florida

I’m in Texas. Count me in!!

Yes, please add me!
I am in North Texas.

I’M IN! Let’s fight this strong and squelch these money hungry, special interest corporate monster machines.

Also would like to see deadbeat SS’s be regulated and pay fair fees. No more running out outta town with a suitcase of money and leaving notaries holding unpaid invoices, bouncing checks, etc…