WARNING: USdirectory AKA US directory Search, Find, Liars

Usdirectory is calling notaries claiming they merged with 123notary and a new $5 monthly fee is required to be listed on the “sister” directory. I have confirmed with 123notary this is not true. They are a “smooth talking operation” don’t fall victim! Additionally, they don’t even have many Notaries in the database. Red Flag and run! https://usdirectory.com/

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! Gotta say that US Directory claiming to have merged with one of the better directories is a new low in attempting to get into our wallets. Tho’ I do think that messing with 123 was NOT a smart move.

3 Likes

Idiocy to ride on the back of another site. Not too

cool.

Hi, yes it’s true! Complete scam! Unfortunately, I saw this post too late and they got me signed up for the $5 a month trick. They did claim to be 123 Notary. Be careful! Very smooth talkers.
I had to change my account info to stop future payments because, of course they don’t have a way to cancel the recurring fee.

2 Likes

I just hung up on them. The rep was very smooth. She asked me about hours, fees, travel time, and E&O. I was leery but hopeful (she was selling 1-2 signing / day) at first, but then she mentioned a monthly fee and I put her on hold to “find my wallet”. I found this post and hung up.

Thank you for the heads up guys!

3 Likes

Received the call yesterday. Thought something wasn’t right but I listened and checked out their website. $5.00 per month is just the start. They charge you for every lead sent to you up to no more than $5.00 per day which adds up to $150 per month. Glad I said let me check you out first. Stay way clear of this group.

2 Likes

LOL. I was checking them out before i hung up on them. And found this post. They were offering the world to me…then the $5. I said NOPE.

2 Likes

Thank you for this information!!! I almost became a victim until she asked for payment and then I found this post. You saved me!

Were your referring to US Directory regarding the $5 per month, then per day? I have been reading so much and want to make sure I’m following. Many thanks for your help!

I just got a call from them. She tried to verify my phone and info. Before I answered the questions, I asked her where was she based. She said California. I could tell she had a script so I couldn’t get questions in. I interrupted her and told her, “No thank you and take me off your call list.” When I looked at the phone number, I saw that they had called 2x…2 different numbers…BOTH from Florida! YES! BEWARE!!!

3 Likes

I received the same call earlier this evening from US Directory. Somehow they have accessed notaries’ info online b/c they had enough of my info to sound legit. However, I knew something was off when she kept pressing me to join for $5 per month. I was researching US Directory online as she continued to talk. She sent me an email w/a link for me to pay $5.99 per month to get 200 companies to view you. But every view is 0.25 cents plus a $5.99 monthly payment, which ends up being over $150 dollar charge plus the monthly fee. She hung up on me when I told her that I’m not paying them. TOTAL SCAM!!!

1 Like

I’m on the phone with them now giving them the run for their money… Thanks for giving the heads up!

1 Like

I literally just received a call from US Directory and something told me to look them up while talking to them. Found this forum and I was like OK thank you! They really do sound legit and I’ve signed up with so many companies, so it makes you trust the call in the beginning especially with them having so much of your information. WE must beware. Think I’ll share this on Facebook now. Thank you guys!

1 Like

The just called me and had all of my information. They had me verify my email address, phone number, signing experience etc. I thought it was a signing service asking if I was available for a signing. I was on the phone with them for about 10 minutes and when I told the lady I had to go because I was in the middle of something, she started getting very pushy and even a little upset. Red flag! After several attempt at getting off the phone (I didn’t want to hang up in case it was legit haha) I thanked her for her time and told her to have a nice day and she hung up on me! I’m nervous that they have my information and I’m so glad I didn’t give them anymore or click the email link she seemed to really want me to click! Beware!

1 Like

Just received a call from them. She was very nice but the alarm bells starting going off when she refuse to answer my questions. She had a very scripted answer. Weird. I blocked the number!

Wow! I am so glad I checked this forum. I just recieved a call from Kim Lopez from USDirectory. I thought he was looking for a mobile Notary. The guy seemed to be very pushy and assumptive. I asked a lot of questions and found out that it is a listing site to market your business. I told him I would look into the business to see if it was a good fit for me. Nevertheless, he just continued to “fast talk” me and tried to persuade me to sign up for $5. I am glad I did NOT sign up or provide any payment information. Thanks a bunch for this thread. BEWARE OF US DIRECTORY!!! I called the phone number back: (786) 699-7197 it was very unprofessional. :frowning: :worried:

1 Like

Thank you for this post! They just tried to get me to sign up. I refused.

Being new and ignorant, I signed up for USDirectory. Month later they took $95 out of my Paypal account. I called and told them to give me my money back and of course they wouldn’t. Paypal wouldnt give it back to me when I told them it was a scam. So now I let EVERYONE know to NOT sign up with them. Don’t be the sucker I was.

1 Like

Just received a call from these folks. A young man with a name irregular for the noticeable accent. Calls from a Miami, FL number (potential spam) and says he’s from Coral Gables, FL.

Little did he know I’m originally from South Florida, so I asked him about a few very specific landmarks, to which he could not provide an answer to.

Shady, scam like behavior - beware.

I just got a call from a man claiming to be with US Directory, and they have jobs in my area. I asked him to email me the information and hung up.