Villa Title does not pay for my time

Has anybody had a similar issue and, if yes, how did you handle it?
I have done 2 signings for Villa Title without any problems, have not got paid yet thought.
Then they have sent me another assignment, I accepted it, it was for Saturday 10:30am. I have confirmed the signing with the signers over the phone on Thursday afternoon. Friday - I have received no documents. Saturday morning - no documents. I have sent couple messages to Villa Title asking them to send me the docs - no answer. I am not leaving the printer as I thought I could receive the docs any time.
10am - I still have not docs. I was trying to call Villa Title but nobody answered the phone.
I sent a text message to the signer saying that I have not docs and would contact them as soon as I have the docs. No answer from the signers either.
10:30am - I have no documents, no phone calls, no emails, no messages, totally ignorant.
11am - I call the signers and they said “The lender called us last night and rescheduled signing for Monday”.
Saturday afternoon I receive an assignment rescheduled for Monday from Villa Title. Of course I declined it, they removed me from the signing.
I sent them a message “You knew a day before that there would not be any signing, totally ignored me and made me to sit on my printer all Saturday morning, I declined another assignment because I was committed to this one, now I expect to be paid”. They have never responded to that.
Is it a normal behavior? What should I do?

You have to BBB these folks immediately, just burn them like they did you. Until notaries are willing to cut them like they do us they will always be the dictators. I’ve made sure I have multiple streams of income so I can be ruthless with signing agencies concerning fees. I am an independent contractor and I have to lookout for me first. You do the same.

3 Likes

Will Do ! Thank you!

Don’t allow then to hold your time hostage. Give a cut off time that you must receive docs by, and if you don’t get them move on.

1 Like

Kendra,

That was a great video, and certainly very detailed and full of great advice! I wholeheartedly agree on every point you presented, as we should not place our lives on hold waiting for docs. It is all about communication with both the signing service companies and borrowers alike.

As you mentioned, there are so many moving pieces and same day verifications that must occur, so, we cannot expect the documents to always arrive on time. What seems like a major inconvenience to most is a common, everyday reality that comes with being a professional in the Real Estate industry. Everyone (Borrowers, Loan Officers, Title Companies. Realtors, Notary Signing Agents, etc) is on pins and needles waiting for those documents to arrive, not just the NSA.

I’ve played the Loan Officer and Realtor role for the past 30 years, so I know first-hand everyone is eagerly awaiting to close, yet, documents don’t always arrive when expected.

GREAT GREAT video! But what do you do if you took the assignment, declined another one because you have committed to this first one but then this assignment has been cancelled without giving you ANY notice what so ever.

1 Like

There’s not much you can do, it is an occasional hazard of the business, it is going to happen. Pretty much NO company is going to “compensate you for your time” in that instance. Would it be nice for these companies to keep us in the loop and give us plenty of warning when there are issues? Absolutely! Will it happen in reality? Maybe… but probably not.
If it OCCASIONALLY happens with a company (once or twice a year) I don’t sweat it. If it happens more than that then I personally choose to NOT work with that company any more. I’ve “fired” several companies because I didn’t like the way they did business. That’s a choice that you have to make.