Was I wrong to contact the escrow officer?

Hello, when I took a notary class a few years ago, the teacher said that after you accept a loan signing, even from a signing service, you should contact the escrow officer and ask them if there are any stipulations and who the signers are so that you can then call the signer and confirm that they will have the required stipulations and that all signers will be present. I just finally did my first loan signing. After accepting the job through a signing service, I tracked down the escrow officer and called her to ask these questions. She sounded annoyed and said I would be getting the instructions. Did I do this wrong? Should we be calling the title company/escrow officer after accepting a signing through a signing service? I’d appreciate any input you have.

1 Like

Best to chat with those who ‘hired’ you (signing service).

Usually, yes the instructions are identified/included within the doc package. If you have questions or need clarifications, reach out.

BTW, if you called the Escrow Officer (or anyone at the title/escrow company) within the last 5-6 days of the month :open_mouth: they were probably totally swamped with work! This could be why she may have “sounded annoyed” during your call.

4 Likes