We are being had! Stop it!

Its all about maximizing their profit. They make thousands above being able to keep their door open.

1 Like

Keep saying no & seek direct business. Eventually, these low fee notaries go oob or get smart. FWIW, my fee for the job you described would be well over the $85 you quoted. More like $180…and, yes, one of notaryGo’s f/k/a has paid that.

1 Like

Nope sorry to disagree with you but forming an association for the purpose of establishing a fee schedule is neither illegal or price fixing.

1 Like

Guess again - perhaps you’d like to call the Department of Justice and let them know they’re wrong.

I also would like to know who this company is. thank you

Does anyone live in a State where the Video Notary services are being used? How will that affect the mobile notary service?

When it becomes SOP, we are done, imho, as they’ll all be done in a company’s call center with minimum wage employee/notaries in boiler rooms 24/7. .

Couldn’t agree more !!!

This is very surprising to me. I have worked for Ave365 for years and I have never once had a single issue with any type of payment. Are you sure you were speaking to the right person?

UPDATE: The person who told me they don’t pay a trip fee, was apparently wrong. When I completed the assignment and spoke to a different person, she advised that they absolutely pay a trip fee…and I was paid! So, I miss spoke and I apologize!

I stopped working for them several years ago. They are nothing but scam artists!! She seems to lie about how large the package is and then unwilling to negotiate. Done with them! Another SS to cross off my list!!

Boycott Coast 2 Coast low ball rates. If we stick together as a group, they will get the message.

2 Likes

LasVegasNSA,

I agree with you. Why are you guys accepting such low pay? That’s crazy. How can you ever get paid more if you work for so little. It is not in your best interest.

1 Like

I can’t answer the question, honestly. I see this all too often, even now, three years later there are still new notary’s who are accepting signings for pennies. I received a request today for a signing in Mesquite (about an hour and a half drive, one way) for $45!!! This averages out to about $12.85!!! And I haven’t calculated the printing costs or the gas to get there and back!!! Like, WHOOOOOOOOA!!!

I have chided where is Norma Rae when we need her. The newbies just see $$. As long as they take those lowball offers, they will exist. I just divorced myself from Coast2coast and Sunshine Signing for that very reason! What a great feeling not receiving those insulting assignments!

2 Likes

I ask how many pages, then if it is more before I print I ask them for more money. Sometimes they pay more, and if not I let them reassign it.

Hello,
I’m a newbie and I haven’t had to many low ball offers. Most are $75 and up. Now that we are following CDC guidelines and dealing with COVID-19 the issue for me isn’t the fee but the terms of payment. I do not see myself waiting a Net 30, 45, or 60 days and beyond to get $75. I’m not sure what condition the economy is going to be in within that time-frame. Everyone should think about this when they are accepting jobs at the rate they want but will you receive the payment? NET 15 is my max. I’ve had a few companies comply but for the most part I haven’t been doing as may signings and I’m okay with that.

1 Like

Just so you know - $75 is a “lowball” offer - you should be getting $100 or more for each loan signing - extended travel? extra; scanbacks? extra; same-day drop required? extra; outside standard business hours? extra

If you’re settling for $75, you’re selling yourself short - revisit your business plan and expenses and start demanding what you’re worth.

As for time to pay - back when I did them net 30 was a good guidelines; anything over that, without knowing in advance, was a no no and a late fee was charged; 60 days? (or in the case of some of these companies lately, 45 “business days”) - no way. Again…protect yourself - don’t be taken advantage of like that.

4 Likes

Agree with LindaH. Please don’t lower the bar… Even $100 is less than what they used to pay.

1 Like

I won’t do a signing for under 90, and it has to be real close to me. Farther out I up the fee. Works for me so far. If I don’t get the signing I was offered I know another notary did it for less, which hurts all us Notary Publics.

1 Like