We are being had! Stop it!

I had the same experience yesterday for Accountable! They are robbing us and we keep taking it out of fear… When are we going to realize if we ll demand a reasonable fee they will pay it!!! Coast to Coast is horrible with that… You can tell when they cant find someone they keep sending out alerts for $10 more until someone finally takes it. I saw them actually go up to $120 one time when they normally try not to pay any more than $75… Im over it!

1 Like

Well do share! There is enough money for all of us to make living wages in this business… Forget the title companies consider the profits banks are making! We need to get out of the scarcity mindset and into an abundance mindset, We have been walked over for so long its not surprising to see the competitive thinking that runs rampant in our industry. NONE of the money these companies make could happen without us… from the lenders to the signing agencies… No recordings, no funding, nothing

1 Like

Excellent point, homesbymira. The lender is getting our fee PLUS A BUNCH back just in interest on the very first payment made by any borrower.

1 Like

Overall interesting but somewhat depressing responses to a topic that concerns all of us. It doesn’t matter that NSA’s do all the leg work and fork out money for the privilege, notary signing fees continue to drop. My hunch is that this industry is being automated and profits squeezed from whatever source (us) to fatten the bottom line in favor of the lender. At least this appears to be the trend and I don’t see it reversing. Agree wholeheartedly, you deserve better.

1 Like

I say we form a union,

All the agencies ruined our jobs, then they rape us on our hard earned money, and the fact is
they hire bad and no experienced notary’s and they work cheap. Because of that they treat us like
kids because they try to structure per policy and profit rather than weed out. As long as people take cheap signings us professionals will suffer, its all about money. I had one agency tell me were all dime a dozen, thats their mentallity

4 Likes

Ughhhhhh - I’m glad to see this. I had an assignment with them and yes there were only 7 pages that needed to be signed but this was my second assignment that ended up being a total nightmare and the pay was the standard $50. No more!!!

Signderrick, for years notaries have talked about forming a union. If you’re employed by a company and you receive a paycheck from that company, then you can look around for a union. But, if you’re an independent contractor/owner of your small business, you’re the boss and the boss doesn’t belong to a union. As the owner of your own company, you set the fees for your business, not the person hiring you. Think about the plumber, or electrician, or the trash company. They tell you what they will charge you for their services, you don’t get to tell them what you will pay. If you’re new to running your own business, (no matter what type of business it is), check out SCORE.org, which is the non-profit arm of the Chamber of Commerce. There are volunteer mentors who will help you draw up a business plan and set up your business so you will make a profit. And, just a note and my own opinion. Snapdocs has ruined the NSA business by promoting a platform that’s based on a reverse auction. Instead of looking for the highest bidder, the SS’s look for the lowest bidder. If I accept the low fee, I have no one except myself to blame if I don’t make a profit on the job. I just need to remember that experience and adjust my fees going forward. Market your business to title companies and signing services that have a reputation for paying fair fees on time and who don’t use the SD platform. There are a few of those still around. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They don’t respect because of these notaries who take these low ball jobs and do them for less then their expenses are.

1 Like

I agree!!! They don’t respect our profession because we have too many notaries taking jobs so low that the companies thinks they can just move to the next agent since you won’t do it. That’s killing our business! The cost of gas, print, time and more importantly the client is almost clueless when you arrive at the signing. We need to stop taking 50.00 from snapdocs, or whatever company. I had this company Sunshine Signings who confirmed an appointment then I go to the signing and the client did not open which I told them while there and the Keri R coordinator removed the signing not paying. That is a horrible way to do business I drove 1.45hr to ring the door for no answer/no show. Then their client called text back to say she’s sorry. They dont want to pay so session learned and never again. I have not blocked them but whenever Keri has a job I personally won’t do it or entertain it.

1 Like

Good Afternoon, been a signing agent for 6 months working with several signing companies
I agree the fees are way to low.
How do you combat the situation where they can another notary who will do the signing for less?
NotaryGo pays low fees and they wanted me to do a signing $40.00, the signing was 60 miles away, at least an hour drive. I told them 85.00 dollars, they found someone else.
So what does a notary to do? I’m looking for direct business from escrow companies.
I’m in New York State

1 Like

Its all about maximizing their profit. They make thousands above being able to keep their door open.

1 Like

Keep saying no & seek direct business. Eventually, these low fee notaries go oob or get smart. FWIW, my fee for the job you described would be well over the $85 you quoted. More like $180…and, yes, one of notaryGo’s f/k/a has paid that.

1 Like

Nope sorry to disagree with you but forming an association for the purpose of establishing a fee schedule is neither illegal or price fixing.

1 Like

Guess again - perhaps you’d like to call the Department of Justice and let them know they’re wrong.

I also would like to know who this company is. thank you

Does anyone live in a State where the Video Notary services are being used? How will that affect the mobile notary service?

When it becomes SOP, we are done, imho, as they’ll all be done in a company’s call center with minimum wage employee/notaries in boiler rooms 24/7. .

Couldn’t agree more !!!

This is very surprising to me. I have worked for Ave365 for years and I have never once had a single issue with any type of payment. Are you sure you were speaking to the right person?

UPDATE: The person who told me they don’t pay a trip fee, was apparently wrong. When I completed the assignment and spoke to a different person, she advised that they absolutely pay a trip fee…and I was paid! So, I miss spoke and I apologize!