What to Charge When Customer Refuses to Sign? Notary Go Signing

I had a signing last night wherein the customer refused to sign. It was a refi and I printed over 200 pages out and traveled 30 minutes each way to the customer’s house. When I got there they said the numbers were not what they were quoted and other things were wrong. After an hour on the phone with their loan agents it was decided the documents were not correct and they couldn’t sign.

My question is what fee am I entitled to? This was with Notary Go and I negotiated a $85.00 fee for the signing.

Thanks so much!

$100. Seriously, any refi is worth at least $100 - $125. NotaryGo is known to be cheap. What is their ‘stated practice’ regarding no/show/sign? I believe they have one, which you probably signed so it is what it is. FWIW, if the time and mileage are excessive, I will tell them my terms in the event of a no-sign. Usually full fee or very close.

I always try to negotiate full fee for no signs. But they are rare enough that I’ll go along with a company’s policy that give something close to full fee.

You simply tell signing companies what YOUR policy is and that YOUR policy is the only one that is relevant. Why would you do anything else when theirs is almost never in your interest? By asking them what they pay or how they handle a no sign, you automatically have placed yourself in a subservient position.

1 Like