What to do if you aren't getting paid from a closing

What steps do I need to take if I did two closings for someone who is not paying me or responding to my messages?

First, when did they tell you payment would be made? Always be polite. When your inquiries are ignored, contact Title & let them know you’ve not been paid as Title will most likely put some pressure on hiring party.
Obviously. stop taking work from non/slow payers, Some notaries go so far as to fill out a small claims form and send it to non-paying co. with a statement that if payment is not received by (a reasonable future date), this will be filed. I’ve never had to do that so don’t really know how effective it is. Another is to say you will post of this non-payment everywhere. Again, don’t know how effective that is. Most important is to just nag the daylights out of them and never, ever just accept the loss or work for them again.

Ok, thank you! I will continue to nag her and file the small claims form, if needed. I heard she is no longer living in NYS but that is the address she uses in her email. I will double check, but I don’t think she provided title company information to me. She said to contact her if there was a problem.

What type of signing assignment did you complete for this company? If it was mortgage related, you should have received the Title company info on the documents and it probably was also on the shipping label, since mortgage docs are generally sent to the title company after the signing. On a personal note, I keep the downloaded docs on a USB drive until I’ve been paid, so that I have the info I need should I need to contact the SS or title company regarding payment.