Where to start for a new notary

Hello everyone I’ve been a signing agent since Dec '18. I have yet to do my first signing I got certified with the NNA. I’m a member of the Sign and Thrive course. I have been signing up to many title companies and signing service companies at least the ones who will except me. Every time I get a notification I accept, but the assignment is given to another notary. I’m not sure what else I can do at this point but keep signing up to other companies and try to get through so I can work. Does anyone have any tips for a new notary that’s trying to get started.

From what you’re saying, I’d guess the declining market is impacting new agents seriously as experienced agents are no longer very busy either. You seem to be doing everything right…there just isn’t much business out there any longer.

Hi Mike, you need to get some experience under your belt. it sounds like you are using a signing service like Snapdocs. While Snapdocs is good to start out, without any experience, those companies are probably assigning the jobs to others. If I have not gotten the assignment, I have researched those companies myself and attempted to sign up with them directly.

I would apply at Amrock, and First American Signature Services. Once you submit all your info you should be able to opportunities,

I would be happy to share more info on how I have been marketing myself if you would like to contact me through my email

David

I submitted applications with both companies Amrock and Fass. They haven’t responded. I’m signing up daily to as many companies I come across. Eventually I will get through.

Hi Mike, be willing to make personal contact with these companies and find out what you can do to put your name at the top of their list. Is it just lack of experience, is it your location, ??
After I contacted companies in Snapdocs, I asked them if they could set me as a “favorite” so the next time they sent an order, I would get first choice. That has been successful for me.

Sign up with Notary Cafe, Notary Rotary, Signing Agent.com, and most of all, the NNA

Try and work with some local companies and then ask them for a reference letter. It came natural to me as I was a lender for 25 years and I just had to make a few calls and was put on their lists. I have always recommended to those new to the business to get referral letter from companies they work with and also get reference letters from the clients you have met with. I always ask for their email address and the following week send out a small questionaire and ask for comments and use those to get in with companies that don’t know who I am.

If you’re on Snapdocs, your address can make a big difference. When I first started, I put a fake PO Box in the city I’m located as a temporary measure until I got my PO Box set for my business. I changed my address in SD once I had my mailbox and notifications slowed down dramatically. I called them and asked and they didn’t have an answer. I decided to change my address back to the fake one and orders started flowing like normal. My PO Box was 30 miles outside the city so their system didn’t see me. Not sure where you’re located, but this may be an issue for you as it was for me. I even mentioned it to SD and they seem to be aware of the issue. But it’s not a high enough priority for them so they don’t fix it. Just make sure that companies know you’re mailing address if they are sending checks. I’ve gotten calls that the check was returned because they don’t see the mailing address. Hope that helps if this is the case for you.