Which is first Loan Signing course or NNA certification and background

Newly commissioned in Texas

To starting learning should I take a loan signing course first or sign up and take the NNA certification and background first?

Thanks
Jon

If I were you, I’d check to see how much area competition you have for a finite amount of jobs first.

Arichter
Thanks for the response. This won’t be my full time job. A few signings a month will be fine. I have read dozens of posts on Notary Cafe, I am aware of the concern for available signings due to the number of notaries doing this already. I would be concerned if I was looking to do this full time and only means of income.
Thanks
Jon

Hi Jon, the loan signing course is best… my recommendation would be Notary2Pro with Carol Ray! The 2 benefits of this is; 1) to actually learn about loan signings and give you the confidence to do them alone and not feel like you need to shadow an existing CNSA .2) The list of over 125 Escrow & Title offices that hire the grads from N2P, because they know you are well trained!
Then of course you will need the NNA certificate/background, that is the industry standard and widely expected/accepted.
Just my 2cents, good luck!

1 Like

slcaldwell201
Thank you for the reply, thankfully being in Texas Phyllis Traylor is here in San Antonio and is a teacher of the the Notar2pro course and offers this in person. I will reach out to her and get started then get the NNA certification and BG check.

1 Like

I trust you are well, and followed thru and getting work!!!

Yes I am set up and getting work. Thanks for asking. Not as busy as I was hoping for. I think that will come in time. Interestingly I have not received any work through snap docs, only directly from the signing companies. Not complaining just surprised.