Who is accepting Low Fees offers?

I always say the pay is to low & get $100. Not as often as I did a year ago. It’s a waist of time for less then $100. I’m using my extra time to become a realtor. Best of luck!

3 Likes

Thanks! I am signed up with about 70 companies thus far. Xome rejected my application because I’ve only been doing this for 6-7 months… they want 2+ years experience. I have worked with Signature Closers, Coast to Coast and Sunshine. Was also fortunate enough to get an Accountable Agents job when one was in my area. I will look into Amrock. Thanks so much!!

4 Likes

No one should be accepting anything less then $150 per signing. You have to factor in your time for printing these docs, drive time and dropping of docs at UPS/FedEx. When I’m approached to do a signing I ask for page count. Then I’m usually asked if a have a location for the signing. The rate to rent a conference room varies from $25- $50, so this gets added to my rate. The conference room should be a pass thru not included in your rate to conduct the signing. Let’s all make sure we ask for the higher amount for these signings. Stop having these signing services take advantage of us.

8 Likes

Totally agree the price all this Signing Companies want to pay are prices way back, it is ridiculous. They don’t take in accordance that paper, toner office supplies, the gas and maintenance on our cars have all gone aup we don’t pay what we paid for all this the price of 10 years back. I wish I knew where these people that accept thiese prices are getting their supplies that they can afford accepting signing at such low fees.
Please don;t undersell yourselves.

I too get these calls for signings for $50, $65, $75 and i will let them know there is no way I will do it for the price they are offering and give them what I will charge and that I am available if they can meet my quote, if they don’t call back OH WELL … I tell them give it to someone that will work for peanuts because that is what it is. Many time they will call me back and they will pay what I’m asking for. And if when I get the docs and it quite large I will call them and tell them, this package is like 2 signings I will ask for more and if they don;t agree again OH WELL give to someone who is desperate. Yes I want work but pay me what I’m worth!!!

jaclynsibbaluca I appalled you … This is what everyone should be doing. I let them know right off the bat … You want to pay me $40, $50, $60 dollars and let them know . I tell them from the time we get the call …the time spent trying to get a hold of the borrower(s) to the print of docs, getting to location, the time spent with the borrower(s), that If they can find someone to do PLEASE WITH MY BLESSING GIVE TO THEM.
Another thing that bothers me is that they will send you the order and give you 1-3 pages of instructions, then when you ger the documents and you get another set of instructions and instructing you to read them all. I say when signing companies get the order from wherever they get their order to find a Notary that they get the instructions for the signing all in one page. so you read the instructions on the order then when you get the documents there is another set for you to read, and many times it has more steps then when you got the order. My point is you already spend time preparing all the is involved for the signing plus you have to take more time making sure the the instructions you got when you received the order are the same that are with the documents…It shouldn’t be like this!!!

1 Like

I receive 2 to 4 offers daily, anywhere from $40. to $60. everyday… I don’t leave my office for a signing for anything less than $100… If you check your expense of doing a closing, time , paper, printing, and car expense, it’s at less that.
Most of those who are offering these ridiculously fee’s are making there fee’s plus a good profit above that…
I feel we should stick to our guns and don’t lower yourself to do these signings.Pennsylvania

3 Likes

I am so glad that you mentioned that it isn’t just newbies taking the low-ball fees. I have been doing this for 8 months now and I am surrounded by seasoned agents. I don’t take low fees but am pretty sure that several notaries in my area do. The offers coming through now, even from good companies, are getting lower and lower. Several times lately I’ve had faxbacks added that weren’t mentioned in the request. I called all 3 companies when this happened to renegotiate my fee and guess what? Only one apologized and increased my fee. The other 2 stated, “We don’t pay extra for faxbacks.” All the more reason to not accept low-ball offers! I didn’t turn the other 2 orders back because I was still getting a fair fee. I set my fees to help account for the unforeseen things that come up, like someone else mentioned on this forum. I just hope that some of the notaries taking these low fees will think hard about what they’re doing not only to themselves but to all of us.

Unfortunately some notaries will never see better, as they value themselves very low and sell out fast.
Notaries don’t have trade organization or association that works for their welfare and betterment & train them as to how to be a smart and successful businessman.

Sigh !!

I kick title / signing companies in their balls and punch them in their nose, if they come across as cheap A$$… I dont care if i sound unprofessional. I care if I cannot pay rent on time or put food on table, or postpone car repairs, etc.
You get what you offered. Unprofessional rates get you unprofessional responses.
Every notary should do that and put the fear of god in these unscrupulous exploiters.
When you pay me well and show me respect, I return the favor back with a well done professional job and tons of compliments from client and title company singing hallelujah about me.
I turn down all low ball offers, and thus have less stress, I don’t take service requests from signing companies that micromanage.

2 Likes

Use a Dunkin donuts, or a mcdonalds or waffle house or any fast food restaurant. Just wipe the surface clean of spills and stains. I have a small folding table and used it in summers, It’s getting cold now. I have done in coffee shops, diners etc. No renting room and stuff like that… Comeon… Why???
Have u thought about using the lobby of a hotel for 30 mins or so?

Yes, I just got back in the business and I was getting 100 to 120 a signing for 130 or more pages and now I am being offered 85 to 90 which seems inflation has taken a dive. I have accepted the signings because I am just starting out but this is ridiculous!

Poster may be in TX, where some loans MUST be closed/signed in a title office or an attorney’s office - a brick and mortar facility.

Can TX notaries use a real estate office? I’ve had good luck negotiating office space in a local real estate firm. They provide a small (okay, VERY small, but private!) office with internet access, and I stay open for general notary work 2 hours a day, 3 days a week. That brings additional foot traffic to their offices, and provides me with a private and secure office location.

Texas Home Equity loans (cash out loans on a borrower’s primary / homestead residence) by Texas law can only be closed in the lenders office, title office or an attorney’s office. Unfortunately a real estate office won’t work for Texas Home Equity loans. BUT, that is the only Texas loan with that location requirement, any other transaction can be closed anywhere.

1 Like

Accountable Agents is a wonderful company to work for! I love them :grin:

Why is no one asking that these ridiculous laws be repealed. Has anyone talked to their assembly member/ senator. Texas is a “YUGE” state, and making people travel long distances is kinda meets the proof of undue burden imposed by state for private business

I agree. I had one notary tell me she did 10+ signings a day. did she expect me to believe that…really. You would need a secretary or two to print docs and drive them to you, and pick up your just completed signing, double check for errors for you and drop the package for pickup. Remember when title companies had to have docs ready day before so they could ship to you, Now they email and many of them drive you crazy waiting for docs to pop up in your email. I can’t believe some accept the $50 signings. Too bad we can’t unionize… that would be price fixing.

2 Likes

It’s really not that big a deal. It’s not like the borrower has to drive across the state to another city to close. If their lender doesn’t have a local office in their city pretty much every city has at least one title office or attorney’s office - most cities have several, even hundreds. It is no more inconvenient than the borrower driving to a title company to close on any other type of transaction. And it is designed to protect the borrower - to make sure that they understand the transaction and they have someone there who can answer the questions that we as notaries are not allowed to answer by law.

If notary is not paying for the room rental at another stranger ( unrelated attty or unrelated title office), i guess any place is valid. BTW< does Texas think we live in B/W era? How does such questions / issues gets addressed in other states?

Here is a situation regarding pumping gas and gets discussed often in news radio.

NJ state think that one need an attendant to pump gas, as ordinary people pumping gas is considered safe?
NY state thinks public can pump gas, but cannot put lock in handle and wait for auto shutoff?
CT state allows self pump with lock/auto shutoff.

Do lawmakers think people in different states have different risk levels?

Can people in texas make a phone call to lender / title if there is an issue? Is such phone call valid , even if you are in some title/atty/banks office who are NOT in the loan?

Seems like grandfathered laws that never got updated ?

The notary generally does not pay the room fee, although some companies ask the notary to pay it upfront to the location and then they are reimbursed for it in the fee that the signing company pays the notary. I personally don’t do a lot of Texas Home Equity loans anymore because I find them to be a bit of a hassle as a mobile notary signing agent. However, they are a small percentage of the loans that get done and I get plenty of other purchase / refinance business so I don’t miss it at all.

Like most other things every state makes up it’s own laws / rules. I don’t think the Texas Home Equity law is a big deal and apparently many other people in the state don’t think it’s a big enough deal to work to get the law changed. I have no idea what the history of the law is and why it is the way it is, but it seems that you have an interest in it. Perhaps you should pursue a career in politics.