Why I am Fighting RON

Good morning folks, I want to clear up what seems to be a notion in the notarial community that, all I’m worried about is me and my friends losing our careers to RON. And while that is partially true, I am worried about notaries being swallowed up by big tech as that’s what tech has been doing to all industries for the past 40 years, there are much bigger concerns. 1) Did you know that the laws that have been passed allowing RON in 22 states are written so that if anything goes wrong, the notary is held to account? That’s right, all of the liability has been pushed down to the notary. This is a huge problem because 2) did you know that companies like Notarize push all of their data, including your journal
Data and copies of signers documents, to an outside service called Amazon web services. And guess what else, both companies are able to mine, share and sell this data to the highest bidders? These, amongst many other reasons, are why I’m fighting this movement, I’m fighting for all of us. Please share and support. #opposeAB199

3 Likes

Matt, it is customary to spell out the actual name that letters later stand for. Most of us recognize IRS, but RON has me stumped. It night also help if you explain which state this issue is related to. If it is a federal law, that too needs to be explained.

I would be solidly behind you if this were from California. Please take a moment to explain a bit more.

1 Like

I agree with bobbis. What is RON?

FINALLY answered my own question! RON=Remote Online Notarization!

Remote Online Notarization

California

Remote Online Notarizaiton

If they think people are actually going to be able to remotely figure out how to sign on a computer … They are kidding themselves most people cant even sign their middle initial

3 Likes