Days of Closings Past!

I know how you feel. In this business, you have to get used to the feeling of being rejected.

We were all sooo busy n 2020 guess we got spoiled. These push apps are really a problem I’m told they go to the closest notary first but that isn’t true one was right down the street from me…I was holding the phone and clicked right away and GONE. Not fun n ow.

Yes, unfortunately, been doing this since 2006 and seems the getting an order was more of an “ethical” nature…now with technology… not so much. Hang on though!

In my small area I have 24 notaries with 1/2 of them seasoned in this business. That may not seem like a lot but my area is not very big. I’ve seen low ball offers of $50 go as fast as 3 seconds. I was lucky to get one on Tuesday for a single doc Deed for $50 that was 5 min from my house (3 pages). The other day I say an offer for $65 on a refinance and wondered who would take it. I countered at $90 and it was 5 miles from my home. As you could imagine I didn’t get it.

1 Like

I don’t miss killing myself doing so many loans! Agreed, 2020 and 2021 were good. I was closing average 170 per month. Last year in particular I was amazed around March that after the end of each closing day I still had 50-60 more loans pending closing!!! So busy that I took a couple screenshots! I doubt I’ll be that busy this year.

If I do a search on SigningAgent.com for NNA certified notaries within a 5 mile radius of my home, there are 28 people, only 8 of whom have more than one year experience. And that’s just within 5 miles. A lot of people got conned into thinking they would easily make bank in this business, until they found out otherwise. '19, '20, '21, I did very well. I have zero expectation '22 will be the same. I’m fine with that, going back to being retired sounds perfect to me!

3 Likes

@FBagnato123 Very true. :cry:

:swan:

1 Like

Same here. At the end 2019 there were 9 NSAs withint 10 miles of my office. Today there are over 30. There are about 30-40 new NSAs being minted in Texas every month.

Most of whom will be looking for other means to support themselves pretty soon.

2 Likes

That’s good, hopefully a lot of NSA will quit.

1 Like

I agree people say to me Oh I’d like to do what you do “just” go to someone’s house and have them sign papers… ya right! We know better. Ya gotta know what you know…

2 Likes

It’s not just about signing papers and putting a stamp… It’s those late night closings that were rescheduled…the docs you don’t get when you have 4 that day and number 3 isn’t in the portal …or the people who want you to take your shoes off yet their house smells like an inferno…trying to close a loan when the papers say what the borrower didn’t agree to…you know what I mean…

1 Like

We gotta hang in there. People will need to pull out money with their houses going up so much and they keep spending and spending to make ends meet. It’ll happen again…

Hey there … what state are you fortunate to live in???

1 Like

Alaska!!! …… yep in Alaska……

Linda, please help me!!!:joy:

Thank you for asking:). I am in Colorado:) hence the “CO” at the end of my handle:). I wish you a great day!

Well I don’t know if Colorado is anything like California

1 Like

I could never afford to live in California. Too expensive.

The business should supplement a good life in California, you just need to consistently earn $75k a year to keep up.

1 Like

Some companies are selling their orders to other companies. My advice? sign up with as many companies as possible because you don’t know which one was hired to do the order

1 Like