DEADBEAT! A Step Above Signing Service

This information is no longer working. I received a 404 code when I clicked on the link. Thanks for trying to assist!

I too have not been paid by “A Step Above Signing Service” I have tried to email and call–but as of now-to no avail. My job was done in May 2021. I guess they have shut their doors and phone services down. Unable to reach them. Not sure what the issue – but we are out of some money.

Thank you for this. I took the same steps a few weeks ago. When I spoke to Escrow I was informed that her contract was terminated with literally the day after I completed a signing for A Step Above (June 16th, 2021). When I went back into Signing Order, I noticed that she changed the company name and logo to Signings with Tattz. This is ridiculous! Hopefully the complaints that me and others in the same position will help put a stop to her schemes.

That’s an interesting observation possibly because a step above is now banned from signing order? Signing order or Venbook has a list of banned companies and a step above at the top of that list. I tried to send an email with my invoice again to a step above and the email bounces back.

So Jackie Garmin is just a fictional character that we were all tricked to believe in?

Although this is a civil matter, this could be considered a criminal matter and it’s called “theft of services.” You’d have to check your criminal state statutes, but it’s worth a shot. Also, look at the CD page 5 and alert the title company that hired her to find you and execute the closing and let them know she’s a fraud. Technically, they contracted with her to contract with you. The title company paid her, but she didn’t pay those who are seeking payment on this forum. The goal here is to put her out of business and prevent any more notary notaries that are “non-payment” victims.

Remember, we need to weed out the SS companies who jerk us around in order for us to be successful. Look at the amount of time many of you have dedicated to chasing payment…

3 Likes

Jackie Garmon is Angie and Angie is Jackie Garmon :face_with_monocle:

This doesn’t make any sense, why would she make up a fictional character?

Who knows why someone would go to such lengths to deceive. That’s a rabbit hole of pathology.

Well, that’s a pretty easy answer. What does one who ruins their reputation do to continue to scam others?.. Create another scam company under a different name. Use that noggin.

2 Likes

Because she has burned up every bridge using her real name so now needs an alias to continue working? This is how criminals work.

Yes, that is correct. Jackie Garmon does not exist any more than Batman.

1 Like

Angie, how do I contact you for a 5 month overdue payment? Your email doesn’t work (been hacked), and your phone number doesn’t work. Please advise.

I gave up. Going to write it off. Like others said, Jackie is Angie and she’a not going to pay.

1 Like

Watch out for the name Patrick Labreck, debt settlement requests. Whole litany of stiffed notaries and shaky paperwork. I would suggest turning him in to authorities for trying to scam people.

Here is a contact you may want to reach out to…

I have $455 of unpaid invoices from her and cannot seem to locate her. I did see someone posted that she is under a new business name “Signings with Tattz” and I contact signing order and they said they have deactivated her account and she is no longer able to work with them. But no success in calling the new # listed? Has anyone had any luck locating her or any suggestions on a recourse to take action?

Hire a collection agency and give them all of her information. If they ever get money out of her you will pay 25-35% to the agency, but 75% is way better than nothing. This is what I did and they did collect the full amount owed from her after a few weeks. I actually saw their back and forth conversation and it was entertaining, they pressed her into a corner.

2 Likes

I would report them to the SOS.

Love that! Way to be a bulldog. Don’t let any slimy businesses take advantage of your labor! Glad you got paid.

1 Like