Did not take signing under $120 for 6 months

Agreed. Yeah, I don’t know why people starting off taking low fees. When I first started, my lowest fee was $120 and then I raised the fees max $275 for regular set fees and negotiate up.

I did. for 6 months… I live in Pismo Beach, CA. I think there are a lot of notaries here. I can’t even get $100… I’ve been trying $100 for the last 3 months. I never get a call back — seems like someone always takes it at $75 or less.

2 Likes

Signing services don’t care what your professional background is. They will offer you the same putrid fee as they will to some newbie with zero business experience.

With due respect that is not always the case. And not ALL SS take that stand. That is why some will ask you for “relevant experience”…. When I started that was a common question that they asked me when I contacted them and they asked me how long I have been a LSA. I was honest and shared my background with them and earned their trust to give me a shot.

1 Like

I’m not saying that it’s 100% true in ALL cases, but for the most part, signing services have a set fee that they offer for each type of job (refi, buyer, seller, heloc, etc). They send out a blast email or text offering that standard fee. You can take it, leave it, or in some cases, counteroffer. They don’t look at each notary’s profile and send out customized offers to each one. IF they call you on the phone to offer you a job, then they may look at your profile and offer you “your” fee, based on previous work that you’ve done for them. Or they may even ask you what your fee would be. However, you don’t get special treatment just because you have a professional background.

1 Like

I agree with you 100%

Sadly agree. All the platforms start out way too low, even in notary unsaturated areas where they’ll never find a taker at the low fee–either they don’t remember or they like playing the game. Have even seen this ‘start low’ game played when they really don’t have time to do so…then it gets rescheduled and the game starts again.

2 Likes

All this talk about the [evil] signing services. I wonder what y’all would do if you owned and operated a signing service. Wouldn’t you try to pay as little as possible to people you don’t know and will never meet (most likely)? I wasn’t told that this was a fair business to be in; quite the opposite, actually. It was my choice to become a notary and it’s my decision how much I will accept as payment for my services. Why is everyone arguing this point and trying to convince everyone else that their ‘formula’ for success is the right one? Just askin’.

6 Likes

That’s what I’m saying……

Yeah, I saw your other post. :wink:

1 Like

I agree anything less than $100.00 is a waste of time. It also tells signing agencies you don’t place any value on yourself. You may as well do Uber you would make more money.

Anything less than $100.00 is a waste of time. It also tells signing agencies you don’t place any value on yourself. You may as well do Uber you would make more money.

1 Like

That’s okay…I will take the $90 assignments while you sit back and wait for that $100+… I appreciate you clearing the path by opting make $0 dollars…. :ok_hand:t5:

6 Likes

Preach it girl! I just don’t understand why other’s don’t understand this, but here it goes again… the saturation of notaries in one’s area (you know, your competition) is the major contributing factor in whether one will get their “set fee” or not. One has a better chance of getting their “set fee” if there is only 10 NSA’s serving a particular area as opposed to the same area having over 100 NSA’s. One is playing the lottery by sitting back and waiting for “their fee” while at the same time, expecting everyone else to take in no money (by refusing low offers) so they can get all their money. Just not going to happen. Not even in Disney Land!

4 Likes

Hey, if it works for you, then go for it! If it gives you the satisfaction of work and extra money, I think that’s great. :slight_smile:

I suspect you’re in a densely populated area and travel is less than 5-6 miles ???

(AZ) Somewhat…. My average travel time is often 30-40 min top with next to zero traffic. 80% of my signings are within my zip code area

Didn’t you have a lowball offer post in the same email I got? In the end everyone is undercutting each other with the same mentality and the companies are loving it. You take for 90 and the next guy is willing to take for lower. The companies got wise to this as their goal is to keep every penny for themselves. Do not be a notary who gets n their heads that any company is looking out for you, you are not their employee. But if people acted with a standard instead of undercutting each other like this there would be more stability.

I’m “simple minded” so forgive me here: How much did the client get paid for the job they assigned to you? What did they offer you? (Give us one as an example). Do you really expect their company to not keep “any pennies?” NEWS FLASH! Once you accept an assignment, you become “their employee.” What is the “standard” you are referring too? Not being sarcastic here, but help us to help you! When a lender or TCO wants to get a package signed, they shop around SS Cos in just the same manner the SS Cos look for us. THE LOWEST BIDDER! This is not a secret. Demand goes down, fees go down! (Economics)

1 Like

I get it, a title company I have worked with for many years called to tell me I get preference on signs and this friday I am driving 74 miles one way, with very little financial accommodation. It keeps me in the loop because I have 3 other signs this week that are in my area.

1 Like