FBI Mortgage Fraud

Today for the 2nd time I’ve come across the FBI Mortgage Fraud form that did not require the borrower’s signature. There was no signature line, and yes I double checked the document after printing to see if it was cut off. The 1st time I had the borrower sign the bottom anyway, but now seeing this for a 2nd time I’m wondering is this becoming standard practice now?

Have you guys seen this and should I make the borrower sign just to be on the safe side?

Thanks!

I would. At least if they did not want it signed, they can toss it and replace with a blank form. I have come across the same thing with the amortization schedule. Some want it signed, some don’t have a signature line, but I have been having them sign when there is no line.

Yes, I have also seen that with the Amortization sheet as well, and yes that makes perfect sense. I will have the customer sign anyway.

Thanks acartiernotary!

1 Like

I’ve never seen that form with a signature required…and I’ve seen a LOT of them. Also can’t see any harm/objection to signing it when there is no signature line. However, my ‘default’ is give 'em what they want so I never have to go back on my dime to do so.

2 Likes

I am new, and have only done 7 signings so far. The first 5 didn’t have the FBI sheet (it reminds me of FBI warnings about pirating VHS video tapes, lol), but the last 2 did. The first one had no signature line, the last one did.

Maybe it’s becoming an item of emphasis in the lending industry?

Are you referring to the FBI form, amortization or both forms?