Fedex/UPS pickup from you!

Massive amounts of posts of people having to drive in excess of 20-30 miles (even more) just to drop off docs. I’m sorry, but expecting a client to pay you because you live in the woods is a really high expectation, and no fault to the client when they are “set” on their asking fee (sorta like when your set on yours). So based on this, here’s my advice: If your a notary living in such an area, let the client know ahead of time. There are areas where the entire notary inventory is in the same boat for a specific area. I get it! Call the client and let them know. Be proactive and get ahead of this prior to assignments coming your way: Here it is… If they are not willing to pay your travel fees, ask if they will pay for the carrier to pick up the docs at your home/office instead. All of our clients have accounts with these carriers for label purposes, and the trip to pick up from you can be charged to the same account (if they approve it). You don’t know until you ask! Most clients get a discount anyway due to volume. I did this when I was a notary in GA living in Banjo country.
Also, check to see if they use more than one carrier, or be willing to use more than one carrier to accommodate your area (FEDEX, UPS, USPS EXPRESS, DHL).
Pick up the phone, or email your common clients and see if they are willing to come out of their carrier “bubble.” You don’t know until you ask. Some will even pay for an incidental signing depending on the transaction/situation.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.