Fidelity approved

Hello, I’m new here. I’m a new notary and I’m waiting on my stamp I have completed my NNA back ground check and there NSA exam and I have also completed a blueprint signing agent program. Can someone help me get Fidelity approved. Thank you

All due respect, but you need to put on the brakes here…slow down, take a breath. You don’t even have your stamp yet - IMO you need to take some time to hone your notary skills before you start putting pen to paper on what may be a person’s most important financial of their transaction of their life.

Further, do you have a business plan? What is your competition and can you go up against them. Where are you located? Are you, a notary public, even allowed to do loan signings in your state? And please explain, what is a “blueprint signing agent program”.

So much to consider here and so many questions before asking to be Fidelity approved…or any approved for that matter. Did you know there are two levels of Fidelity approval?

Not trying to be harsh but a splash of cold water sometimes helps. We’re happy to help here but I, personally, would appreciate a response to better help you be a fabulous notary and a great signing agent - because as one long-time, well respected notary put it “You need to be an outstanding notary before you become a good signing agent”.

5 Likes

Hey, thank you for responding. I should slow down I do agree with that I got a little excited and ready to start. I’m in North Carolina. I am a Notary and I passed my NSA exam with the NNA. I also to a 12 hour online class to be a NSA. I haven’t done my first signing. I agree with you on being the best Notary I can be before I get approved for other things. I would like information on how Fidelity approved works for future references. Thank you

1 Like

Thank you for understanding; I can’t help you with the Fidelity part - I only know what I read so to pass that along would not be helping you. I’d suggest you get your stamp, practice your notary work and sign up with some companies to get your feet wet in loan signings, get some experience under your belt to better improve your notary and loan signing skills.

I am the same way - I get what I consider a great idea and get all excited about it… I wish you luck but know that it’s an uphill battle establishing yourself now - this business is changing; I stopped loan signings 4 years ago as the work just wasn’t there for my area any more - at least not for the fee I felt w as commensurate with the amount of work required. But I did it for 12 years and loved it.

Good Luck - maybe someone with knowledge of the process will chime in and give you far better info than I did. I will say stay abreast of your state laws though - there has been chatter over the past couple years that North Carolina wants to go to being an attorney-only state, in which case a notary would not be able to conduct loan signings on their own. So keep your ear to the wall about changes in your state laws.

And again, Good Luck to you

4 Likes

This is why we love you LindaH! You are full of knowledge, great wisdom and very frank indeed:). Maybe I’m wrong but I think in North Carolina I don’t think you can do loan signing/real estate transaction without the presence of two witnesses and an attorney? I’ve done a few signings for people with properties in North Carolina or maybe in South Carolina. Not sure. I had a lawyer on the phone with me the whole time during the whole signing process in Colorado! I got paid $250 for a Seller’s only Package . I’m sure the attorney probably got at least $800?

1 Like

That is correct for South Carolina, but not North Carolina.

Maybe it was South Carolina that I did the signing for I can’t remember ha ha :joy:

1 Like

You couldn’t be more right, Linda is so “Linda” and that’s why I like her and follow her advices, full of knowledge and wisdom.

I have to agree, Linda. I received a signing agent certification in 2003 and shortly thereafter lost my husband. Just a month ago I was looking through my album of certifications (I have a lot) and noticed it. Retook, not one, but two loan signing agent courses for a refresher. Will be taking my NNA test today. Everything else is in place and my notary bag is packed waiting for the right call that’s for me. Yes, I’ve had about 12 calls that I responded to, “available” but never got a call back. I’m patiently waiting my turn, while not sitting still.

I have a lot of confidence that I’ll pass the test and have a perfect “first” signing. In the meantime, I’m upping my notary game.

Your wisdom is being applied, Linda.

Hi, you must have at least 2 years experience and you have to have, I believe, 1 or 2 references. I became approved with the help of a signing service company, because they required me to be Fidelity approved to work with them. The signing company sent me all the paperwork for me to fill out and I was approved within 3 days.

Many desire to be Fidelity Approved, and I hate to be a downer but someone with Very limited experience has no real chance of having that distinction added.

Like @LindaH said there are (2) different types of approval
Like @chrisparreira_mobile there’s a minimum years of experience requirement and (3) “what they/Fidelity consider” credible references requirement.

Here’s the thing, Fidelity knows the power of the approval, and as such they will be selective and slow with limiting who gets and who doesn’t get the distinction of being Fidelity Approved.

Although your willingness to jump right in is admirable, it’s also somewhat reckless as you have no experience at this time. Take your time and get yourself some experience in the industry, and then possibly revisit the Fidelity Approval thing.

1 Like