Gas Up / Price Up

Greetings Everyone-

I enjoy all the information that I receive on the Notary Café forums. It has made me very knowledgeable with my notary experience. This is my first time posting so bear with me if my question is too vague.
As expected, the price of everything is going up, gas and supplies included. What is the best method or suggestion for Self-Employed Mobile Notaries and/or Signing Agents, who use bidding platforms, to alert Title/Escrow/Lending companies or agencies to pay accordingly? Is there a specific phrase used without coming off as greedy or superior?

Hello fellow notary. My advice is just take the orders even if low pay as of now. Just take them. You have to prove yourself to these platforms. The better you do with low paying orders, they will build trust with you. Start giving you better offers as you go.

Also gas is 4.50 for premium out here in Denver :upside_down_face: if you’re driving a lot. You need to sign up on getupside app. I already have 60$ back in rebates, I would’ve been missing out on.

I’ve been using this free GetUpside app to save money on gas and other notary driving missions. — I love it!

Give it a try. It’s super easy to use and is basically free money that really adds up.

You’ll get up to 25¢/gal cash back on gas in addition to this bonus I’m about to give you. That’s up to 40¢/gal total cash back!

Use this link or enter my promo code KXSRX to get an extra 15¢/gal in free gas the first time you use the app: Save money on gas and food

I’ll also get an extra 15¢/gal cash back after you use the app (so thanks!).

1 Like

How to save money on gas.

1. Buy an electric car, get up to $7,500 Federal income tax credit (check it still available).
  2. Get solar panels for your home (buy them so you’ll get another income tax credit.
  3. Check with you local utility for reduced rates when charging your car during non peak hours.
  4. Check to see if you electric utility has a cash back offer to purchase a home charger fir your car.
  5. Check for a state cash back for purchase of an electric car.

Hello NO!! if you start taking low ball offers it will be hard not only for yourself but the rest of the notaries to get higher fees. Taking the low ball offers like the other person is telling you will take a very long time before you can work your way up to making real money on signings. Do the math and you will see that you will lose money. Not worth it. Good Luck

2 Likes

We need to get a Signing Agent Union! They are taking advantage of Notaries. Payments are not adjusting for inflation. Something had to be done, this is so degrading what they offer us! :persevere:

Thanks for the introduction to the new app and the link. GetUpside seems to be similar to a rewards card but actually gives you cash back. Still looking into it as I already have a lot of apps on my phone.

It really disappoints me that low paying orders still exist after 2 years of using the same platforms. The advise from NotaryCafe has assisted me with understanding how the field works, so negotiating, I will continue.

$4.50 for premium is so expensive, but who says notaries don’t have expensive taste…lol. Thanks for the suggestions.

This information will be very useful to me when I am ready to convert to electric cars. I am still concerned about the mechanics of the electric car and how healthy it is for me. So far I know that it can be a great investment and that it is safer for our environment. But is it really safer for me right now? Thank you for the positives of saving gas with an electric car. I will make sure to reflect on this when that conversion takes place in the future.

Thanks for the honest response. Math done and I am so past 1+1.

Yes!! Can this be done? Is this what NNA, Notary Rotary, etc, is for? New research project for me! :upside_down_face: Let me know if you want to LinkIn about this. @vasquezt1 may already have a project similar to this. :smile: