Help with printer/fax; paper size

I bought a laser all-in-one printer. In the description it stated that it uses legal paper. I thought I’d found a good printer. I am trying to be ready to go for a signing, as soon as I receive one. However, I set up my printer this weekend and have been having difficulty configuring the fax. Neither the instruction book that came with it, nor the ones that were downloaded from the CD give clear instructions for using the FAX; such as what extra equipment is needed, such as a phone jack adapter and how to use it.
I looked online for more instructions, and was very disappointed to see that this printer only receives faxes that can be printed on letter size paper or A4. I thought if it could use legal size paper, it would print faxes on that size paper.
Since many loan docs are legal size, should I return this printer? I didn’t know about the fax problem until today. I am very frustrated.
Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated. (I apologize for any misspelled words.)

There is no notation in your post of the brand name, so it’s a bit of a challenge to be of specific assistance . . .

I’d reach out directly to the Manufacturer Support Hotline/toll-free number for assistance. Wishing you the best with this dilemma.

A laser all-in-one works great for me, but it is been a long time ago I do not use fax , I prefer using a scanner instead, no problems at all!

It’s a Canon imageCLASS MF267dw. Contacting the company is what I’ll probably do. I just didn’t expect it to be so difficult to get set up. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Thank you! Hopefully scanning is all I’ll need. I’ve read somewhere (don’t remember which website) that I’d need a fax. That would be super if I don’t need to use it.

from what I was able to find on amazon Q&A is that the fax is supported over standard landline only.

for other purposes you may need to purchase if you do not already have a USB cord.

I am pasting additional info I was able to find below:

Printing, scanning, copying, and faxing on the MF267dw are performed on a first-come-first-served basis, and cannot be used concurrently. It can print or copy up to 30 ppm (Letter), and the paper output tray supports up to 50 sheets at a time, with the paper cassette holding up to 250 sheets of blank paper to use. The document feeder supports up to 35 sheets of plain paper originals, up to Legal size, for copying and scanning (single-sided only), in addition to the platen scanning bed (1 sheet, letter size at a time).

Thank you, Irina! That is definitely more than I had been able to find. I really appreciate you taking your time to help me. There is so much to learn!

1 Like

I have a land line and part of my problem has been getting the printer configured. There is a setting that allows it to switch between phone or fax (but not at the same time). I’ve tried different phone jack splitters, but when I have someone try to send me a fax for practice, my phone just rings. I was hoping it would be much easier.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly you should never have to fax these days. Depending on the type of closing you really don’t have to scan much either. Cannon printers are good but do expect plenty of maintenance if you get a lot of work. I bought the same printer that you have and it lasted about 5 months before ink started bleeding. Also I’d highly suggest getting a printer that has a higher ppm, you’ll notice the difference when you have to print multiple packages in a short period of time

2 Likes

I have a terrific HP 9025e all-in-one but i can’t get it to scan the way I want (speed, size) and I’m too lazy to research it further. Fortunately, I have a back-up Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 scanner which is absolutely terrific. Fast, smooth, quiet, never jams, great imaging, easy to monitor on your computer screen. I love it!!! Unfortunately, they don’t make it anymore but I’d highly recommend any Fujitsu scanner.

1 Like

Hopefully you are all set by now. It took me a couple of frustrating weeks to get my auto scan and equipment fired up.