SCAM ALERT: Hire Notary, Inc?

Hire Notary…
Has anyone heard of Hire Notary in San Francisco? I subscribed to them last month and paid $48.00 fee, but have not hear from them at all. I have called their number numerous times with no answer…anyone know? Thanks

1 Like

Hi, I constantly receive emails from HireNotary to get me to sign up. I never heard of them and when attempting to sign up you have to pay for them to post your profile seems kind of sketchy if you ask me, just my opinion.

1 Like

Well they have my $$ and so Far NOTHING except a response that when they have something in my area they will let me know.

My response to them: I work in Houston Texas and surrounding counties and you mean you have nothing in this area? still waiting on a response to that question.

Not accusing them of a scam but would proceed with extreme caution until one of us who did not finally starts receiving assignments or something from them.

3 Likes

I never pay anyone to sign up to receive signings. It’s a rip off.

7 Likes

I will call them a scam.

2 Likes

Why would I pay someone to offer a service that I’ll be doing myself!?!?
MY commission stamp, MY printer, toner and paper, MY car usage, MY time :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I went a bit further last week to hunt down HireNotary. At the bottom of their on-line ad is the owners name and office address of 4 Embarcadero, San Francisco. I called the leasing company for that building, to which they had no record of that company, nor of the individual named as CEO. The leasing company transferred me to the Security Office for the building. They again, after searching records, could not find a organization by that name, nor a CEO as indicated in the advertising. I will leave it to all you folks for investigation.

5 Likes

Clearly because I haven’t received calls from Locate Notary, or Hire a Notary as of yet!
So what do you suggest? How do you get your signings?

1 Like

I signed up with snapdocs and have a profile on SigningAgents.com. I do get lots of business thru them and it’s free.

1 Like

My NOW modus operandi when receiving requests to join a listing service “Notaries Needed”, etc.:
-Research the company in their Secy of State registration
-See how long in business
-Check reviews/complaints
-Check BBB
-And search trusted, well established Notary Forums

I usually learn that its a start-up of a directory service and they have no means of ensuring notary work!

New NSA’s PLEASE do not spend money on listings that promise assignments. Join all of the free forums and listings first. Once you receive one or two “I found your name or profile on " ABC Notary Site”, then pay to be bumped up to their premium listing. Just from my own experience…

2 Likes

This is interesting information, thanks for doing the leg work on this. I’m always surprised at how sneaky companies are nowadays. You have to research EVERYONE, no joke. I keep getting emails from them, so today I looked at their website and realized they charge to use them. So I came on here to see what the experts are saying…so thank you!

2 Likes

I signed up with them too 48.00 and nothing! Should look up the owner at California
State Website, more than a year. 48.88 time 100,000 people is a lot of free money.

1 Like

I get emails from them every day. They are really pushing their services hard at a Notary Public they have no track record with at all. When I have anyone or anything that is pushing this hard with this much frequency my scam antennae go on high alert. I am about to opt-out or unsubscribe from their daily assaults on my email account. It is a shame they have such a great way to contact and connect with legitimate Notary Public candidates but from what I see in the forums and they don’t answer their calls the back end is not in sync with the front end.

3 Likes

Hire Notary is a scam, plain and simple. They got me for $48 when I first started out and they’ve been after me ever since. I blocked them a couple of weeks ago. Ask around. . . has anyone ever received an order from them?

1 Like

Hire Notary, LLC. All everyone had to do is look them up on BBB. They have an F rating. See some of the reviews filed with BBB.
Link to BBB: Hire Notary, LLC | Reviews | Better Business Bureau® Profile

Review fromClaire A

1 star

05/09/2023

Im so glad I came to this site before purchasing. I thought it was a little strange how aggressive this company was and emailing me everyday for weeks.

Review frompete k

1 star

03/11/2023

wish i read this 30 minutes earlier. I just gave them $48. Told them right away I want to cance after reading all these comments. Bet they dont refund it. If they do, I’ll post it here. If they dont, I’ll be calling the credit card company. With I listened to my gut on this. I had a feeling it was a scam.

Review fromSusana C

1 star

02/27/2023

I would give you 0 starts but Is not option, was just trying to give a chance even if I see bad reviews, I sign in pay 48 dolars and still haven not get any assigments it is crazy hoy companies steal your money, this company still operating because all the 48 dollars they take from your packet I want my money backkkkkkkkk

1 Like

Or, simply look here within the GOLDMINE database on Notary Cafe. There are 43 separate threads that are based on the topic of this business entity: Hire Notary

Reference this thread for the page listing all of those threads:

https://forum.notarycafe.com/search?q=%22Hire%20Notary%22

It’s always wise to research & vet a new client prior to providing a definitive confirmation for your initial Signing Order for them. A great start of research would begin within the Notary Cafe forums Search Function.

Accessing the database to locate info about potential clients has saved many of us an inordinate amount of time ‘chasing’ payments for Services professionally provided to potential non-payers . . .

======

Uncertain how to gain access the Search Function on the Notary Cafe forum? Look for the ever-elusive Magnifying Glass . . .

Many members find it difficult/'nearly impossible to locate the Magnifying Glass in order to access the wealth of info available within the database.

To be helpful, I’ve inserted an image for you & others [see below] to help members locate it to unlock the wisdom & knowledge of other members on the forums.

:swan:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Bobby.