Increasing fees

I have been reading a lot of the comments within this forum and find that you a few of you seasonal Notaries have mastered how to increase your fees. Could you please provide some details on how I can average $100 or higher per closing. I am located in the state of Florida.

@mobilenotary24hrs Absolutely, and on a personal note $100.00 is to low for a signing in Florida. Here’s why I say that. Our state allows notary signing agents to charge $10.00 per notarization Typically loan documents average between 16-23 notarization’s times $10.00 per notarization gives you a starting point for you asking fee. Then there’s a matter of travel fee, and is it a large set of docs like a VA package or HECM aka Reverse Mortgage which has huge packets you may ask for a little more. Do you have to provide a second witness that’s a fee.

Here’s the funny thing, title company’s simply ask your fee from the start; they really don’t care in most cases. On the other hand it’s the signing agencies who will fight you for the same fees they will seek from title companies. Also keep this in mind, signing agencies are in the industry to make money for themselves. They are not trying to see you meet or achieve your financial personal goals. If you need to talk more about this feel free to send a message.

Wishing you many successful signing.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the information. Do you reach out to different title agencies and if so what is your approach?

1 Like

My first signing opportunity (yesterday) came from an attorney who Googled, (I was listed as #2 with no references; I hadn’t finished setting it up). They sounded desperate and I would be traveling from South Broward to North Palm Beach. I asked for $175 and received it.

I also called 10 title/escrow companies and introduced myself. If you want to role play, send me a message.

1 Like

I love those attorneys assignments :blush:
Good pay within a week

1 Like

Is there anyone who would help me with role play on this topic also? TIA