Introduction - Illinois - Share Your Wisdom

Hello!

I’m a new notary and am looking for some advice for the Chicagoland area. I have logins for Snapdocs, Notary Rotary, and here. I have not had any requests as of yet and that’s ok because I am still saving for a printer and I’m NEERRVOOUS :face_with_spiral_eyes: :woozy_face: :face_with_peeking_eye:

I’m trying to be brave enough to reach out to title companies directly but really don’t. know what to say or how to do it. With no experience and formal training other than YouTube Uni -

How do you introduce yourself directly to title companies?
Where do I leave business cards?
Should I make a website with a free web builder?
Where do I start with GNW?

Thanks all.

Welcome to the Notary Family. You have chosen a very interesting time to get into this business… with that being said. I encourage you to expand your training outside of YouTube as much as possible if you truly want to be successful in this businesses. Having all your tools on hand is the first step before going after any business. You dont have to buy brand new…just have ones that will do the right job. Just a piece of advice… I would not recommend you go directly to title companies until you have some experience under your belt. I am told that most are looking for experienced notaries and alot will use a singing service if their regular Notary is unavailable. I understand your nervousness…that will pass. The more training you have the more confident you will be. But to be honest… speaking personally of course. I stll get a little nervous when i get an assignment from a company I’ve never worked with before… lol… nerves keep you sharp so dont let that get in your way from moving forward.
I wish you success as you do so.

Once you have the tools sign up with as many singing services as possible… use them to get the experience you need. Do as many GNW as possible to build your confidence in the notary process.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 61 days. New replies are no longer allowed.