Is this business dying?

Phantom and illegal are 2 different things. Depreciation is a phantom expense and legal, just as my expenses are. Fully aware of the 179, it’s used 100% of the time for business since I have more than 1 vehicle.

Net income before mileage deductions and 179 deduction is $130,000 just as an LSA.
Signing service net, $20k.
So income about $150,000.
Legally allowable reported income, $24,000.
If you’re not intelligent enough to avoid taxes legally to keep more of your income, that’s on you as a business owner.

1 Like

GNW? What is that please

It stands for general notary work! Just a normal notarization like the old days before the notary signing agent title existed.
Non-loan signing

It mean General Notary Work

This business will always have up and downs it’s important to be prepared for the down times lol

1 Like

Once Biden is gone certainly not while he is there.

5 Likes

You’re dodging my point. When you income brag on notary site it’s implied that your income is based on that of a Solo NSA. From what I can determine, most your your income is generated from Title Origination and operating a signing service. Not making this point clear is misleading to the community. As such when you redacted your business names from your Schedule C, and claimed that the second Schedule C was your personal income, were clear indicators of misleading information.

To summarize, many of the success bombers on this forum brag about their income, while intentionally leaving out the details. If I were to brag about my income, while failing to provide the details, or at least the fraction of my revenue that comes from my loan signings, I’m being dishonest.

3 Likes

You keep saying title origination, I’m not sure why.
LSA is my sole prop schedule C, with gross of $158,000.
SS business is my LLC, with gross of $110,000.

I can email you the schedule Cs minus my soc. Sec #, it doesn’t bother me. Just shoot me your email.

These posts (in regards to schedule C’s) only enhanced my take on them: They are only good for the info reported on them. It by itself does not reflect anything other than what you report on it.

I’ll make it easier, just my signings schedule C(minus my SSN and address), p&l and sales report from notary gadget. Should be sufficient.

1 Like

AUDIT! (just kidding). I love Notary Gadget. Better than insurance. I swear by it!

5 Likes

Don’t plan on buying another car this year, lol.
I learned my lesson and am paying myself as an S corp this year. Less than 50% of my net income this year as a salary.

3 Likes

Don’t get me started! I’m still trying to figure out if car prices are a price-fix scheme, or if something else bigger is “actually” happening out there effecting the auto sales industry. I can still buy a new tablet at a fair and reasonable price with no shortages, but a new car is up 20% and some, on a waitlist. They both basically use the same microchip!

2 Likes

And up 40% on used!!!

2 Likes

Lady Pushing GIF - Lady Pushing Riding - Discover & Share GIFs

2 Likes

Well, I’m getting this one from Walmart it’s under $1,000! No need to worry about gas price anymore!

5 Likes

I think you need something with a bigger basket…Need room for donuts! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I made a million dollars last year! No, really, a cool million. It would have been more but I drive a gas fueled car and not electric. Dang. I knew I was doing something wrong. But I do love this business. I’m so glad I’m not a newbie anymore. Those lowball fees were killing me.

3 Likes

I am seeing a big increase on Tesla cars on the road at least in my area anyway. They are not cheap. Ok, I need to buy their stocks!!!:grin:

2 Likes

Today sitting in my car and at the end of a 4 appointment day… (1 GNW (1hr) - no prep time/ 1 Signing (45min) 1/2hr prep time / 2 property inspections 30min) I was only reminded of why it is hard for me to go back to corporate America and do the 9-5 to make 50% of what I made today for less than 3 hours worth of real work. I won’t say how much I made as that is not important…but I will say this. Freedom and flexibility and a great payday make Sharee a very, very, happy lady. I’m on my way to @Bobby-CA to be like you… one day… a girl can dream right?.. lol

8 Likes