WARNING - NON-PAYMENT: Jellyfish Signings

How do we feel about jellyfish signings? Are they legitimate? The name alone gave me pause when it popped up on signing order today. The website looks shabby, too.

1 Like

I did a signing for them, the pay was good, but I had to remind them to pay at 60 days. But other then that they were nice, and easy to communicate with.

1 Like

Hi! Can you please share the actual website ? I would like to sign ups and give it a try.

Than you in advance

You’re right about their website- a basic GoDaddy template that I myself am using. For me, it works although my basic notary signings come from my listing on Google and the signing companies know me because I am at SD.

Would seem that if Jelly is a good signing company, they’d spring for a more comprehensive website… and since someone here said they pay in sixty days then that makes it an easy decision to not engage with them.

2 Likes

I did a signing for them over 7 weeks ago and still waiting to be paid. Finally had to threaten with legal action then I received an email back. They were jerks and paid. I don’t know why these companies cant just pay on time. Never will I work for them again. I’m spreading the news

3 Likes

Good to know!! I’ll keep that in mind.

Here’s an update for you… First, he THREATENS LEGAL action, then he THREATENS to show up at the OWNER’S PERSONAL HOUSE!! He wants to talk BIG in public but then cowers in private.

Aug 27, 2021, 11:58 AM
TO: JELLYFISH
“I just spoke with the gentleman from the signing order. After calling him back and asking him some further questions I would like to apologize for any misconstrued context of my emails. I assume this address which is listed on your check is a business address but shows a house. So i was wrong for saying anything I did as I was bothered by the fact that it took so long to get paid and now my bank notified me the check was returned. Again I am sorry as this was very frustrating when waiting for payment.”

These kinds of actions WILL NOT be tolerated!! He has since been completely removed from SnapDocs and SigningOrder. Furthermore, a claim has been filed against his commission with the S.O.S in the State of Massachusetts, pending legal actions for criminal harassment.

What was this all about you ask? A $125 check that got stuck in Cyberspace. Did we reissue it, absolutely! Was it cashed! Yup! Did it in fact, “bounce” Nope! We have proof of deposit.

People, please know that these are challenging times for everyone, SS’s included. Before you get irate over a buck, calmly, professionally inquire as to the circumstances.

1 Like

99% of a “Good” Signing Service’s business comes from direct from Escrow and Title offices, then Lenders, then REA. The website is merely a basic formality to have an online presence.

However, if that is how you feel, you are entitled to you opinion and we will be happy not to engage your services.

I’ve had a difficult time being paid with Jellyfish. I’ve only completed one signing with them, and now it’s been 50 business days, since I did that signing. I wrote and called this signing company last Friday asking for my $125 check. They did not respond at all.

Finally, I decided to stir things up a bit today and told them that I would take them to Small Claims Court via email. I got a nasty response back, claiming they had sent an ECheck on 9/15. I went through my emails and found nothing. Their email claimed that court cost is $125, the amount I would receive, but in fact it costs $30, so I would still gain $95, not zero.

Their disparaging tone is unprofessional. I don’t want to waste time in Small Claims Court, but I’m not interested in being cheated out of my earned pay. Please avoid this company for signings. It’s too much trouble getting paid.

2 Likes

In small claims court, if you prevail (win) they would be responsible for all court costs and fees incurred in the collection process

The company owner posts here … maybe he’ll see this and respond

1 Like

Thank you Linda. I did see that, when I checked fees. It’s too bad. That particular signing was composed of two delightful sisters. I’m very sad to go away from this signing with the possibility of Small Claims Court. Those two ladies would have never wanted to see me stiffed, because even though it was a business meeting, we all connected well.

1 Like

Thank you for calling this notary out. Love when the light is shown. Thank you!! Too many notaries get on here and do nothing but bash Signing Services.

2 Likes

LOL guess you were called out by the signing service you were bashing. Says a lot about your integrity

2 Likes

I did a Refi for them on 11/15/2021 and have not received payment (as of 01/27/2022), nor are they responding to my emails. I’m trying not to think the worst and give them the benefit of the doubt but this isn’t looking good. I’ve been at this for a couple of years and have never had issues with a company paying me until now. Any suggestions for next steps in order receive payment?

1 Like

We actually just responded to your message a little bit ago.

Please know that email is not always the best form of communication, especially if you have reached out and not received a response. Continuing to email is not going to be the most effective means to your end. When it comes to matters of payment a phone call is always best.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your company sending payment and resolving the matter.

1 Like

I did a siginng for them in October of this year… I’ve yet to be paid… I’ve called and sent w mails. He states a check was sent but I have yet to receive it :frowning:

2 Likes

don’t try it it’s not worth in there really bad

1 Like

Unpaid
103 Days
09/16/22
still not getting paid I call them multiple time I sending multiple emails but nothing heard back from them

2 Likes