WARNING: Mobile Notary Zone payment issues

Happy New Year, everyone! Thought I’d share some news I received yesterday from Mobile Notary Zone. Their CEO, Robb Pagagno, sent out a broadcast email to 800 notaries, including me, that MBZ was experiencing difficulties making payments to notaries they use. A brief explanation was offered along with the plans they have for making good on their fee payment obligations.

This proactive approach is, to my thinking, the honorable thing to do. Admit that there is a problem; briefly state how the problem occurred; explain what actions are being taken; and, ask for patience and forgiveness.

I’ve done many signings for MBZ and was routinely paid the full amount in a timely manner. However, the very last signing I did was getting stale, so I called and requested payment and I received my check about an hour later (Deluxe). No questions asked, no problems, no bounced check.

So often we read on this forum that notaries are getting stiffed by the signing services they work with. Well, here is an example of a SS that is trying to do the right thing. I have no affiliation with MBZ other than handling the orders they send me. But I will say this: they have never stiffed me; they send me good orders, they’ve paid me well and on time and they deserve the patience and understanding they seek while trying to right their ship. If they owe you some fee money, I suggest contact them by email or call Robb and work something out.

6 Likes

I did not received payment so I called the company and spoke directly to Rob. He explained the situation, and I understood the problem and his proposed solution. I had not received the email he sent to the Notaries, so I asked him to forward it to me, which he did. I have only one outstanding invoices with them and hope to one day be paid for it. I agree that this is a signing service intent on doing the right thing.

I love working with MNZ, thank you for sharing! They have always paid and have always been very respectful and accommodating!

I too loved working with MNZ, Never had complaints on them paying me. I would be glad to take more assignments from them.
I appreciate their honesy

I worked with them twice recently. I sent them multiple invoices and emails and got payed finally after 79 days. Them seem to be struggling but i would do another job for them .

I too am waiting for compensation for a signing “last year”. I don’t think it is coming any time soon, or at all. I corresponded with MNZ yesterday and was informed that business was still slower, having only xxx orders for last month down from yyy the month before - my translation is, there are yyy and xxx notaries who aren’t going to get paid until ?? whenever. We who are grossly overdue to get paid should get paid first, but I’m not counting on it, not sure that is really happening. I wonder if those of us most likely not getting new assignment offered (strategically) from them, will be bypassed forever. Who in their right mind would take an order from them right now? Unless they just don’t know what is happening to others or have cut some kind of deal with them. I might wonder if only unsuspecting Notaries are accepting their offers??.. just wondering. Has anyone of you been paid by them, for worked completed this year or last quarter?? in the last 30 days?? Thanks!

This is the way to do business. We all understand slow business and I’m more inclined to be tolerant with a company like this than one that goes radio silent.

I am still waiting for a payment from November. Tried reaching out twice via email, including Robb, no response. :frowning:

I would advise to stay clear of this signing service. I emailed twice and I was told in January that payments would be sent out soon. It is now 232 days and still no payment. I get that things have slowed down but this is utterly ridiculous.

I am also waiting for a payment from November as well. I emailed yesterday and today and finally received a reply stating they was forwarding the request to their accounting department to see if the payment has been issued, which I know that it hasn’t been issued.

1 Like

I haven’t emailed them since the last email I received back from him was a bit of a harsh response considering I was simple asking about a payment that was and still is quite overdue. He responded as if I was inconveniencing him. I’ve chucked it up as a lost cause and definitely 1 less company I will work with. Hopefully you will get a positive resolution.

I emailed them every day for about a week and I received my payment last week. I really wasn’t expecting it but I was finally paid. Hopefully you will get paid soon.

2 Likes

I will try this and see if it works. I went ahead and sent an invoice on the 16th and no reply was received. It’s really shameful and no way to conduct business.

1 Like

Yes they should at least send a response. When you owe people money that is the right thing to do.

2 Likes

Good luck…I gave up and is what they want you to do. I have not been paid in 210 days. Sent several emails and invoices and contacted the title company that hired them. Very bad business but apparently it is profitable for them to turn and burn and keep going. Roll the Dice I guess but I would steer clear. Never again.

Here is an update. Yesterday I sent a 4th invoice along with a Demand Letter advising if payment was not remitted immediately I would proceed with legal proceedings for payment. Guess what…Today my payment was sent to me. It is ridiculous that as Notaries we have to take these steps to get paid. It has been 257 days. If we as notaries provide poor service we get black listed yet as a signing service you can ignore request for payment, force us to wait nearly a year for payment and on my 2nd request he was rude as if I was bothering him. This is not okay.

@1notarynow.va Congratulations. Your efforts were rewarded. Concur :100: percent that nearly a year is WAY TOO LONG to wait for payment of successfully provided professional services.

======

Thank you for sharing your direct, detailed experience. :sparkles::owl:

:swan:

1 Like

Yeah, I hear you, dude. I don’t know what to tell you except that MNZ has always paid me right in time and in full. My orders have tailed off dramatically from them so I’m assuming they have encountered financial difficulties or have folded their tent. I would send them one last email/letter kindly explaining the situation and see what happens.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.