More Signing Services Every Day

Though I have been doing NSA work for years, I am fairly new to working with signing services. It when seems like these companies are popping up left and right. I have researched many and find that they are only months old. I assumed that to have a successful SS, you needed to make contacts, get contacts, build relationships, etc. However, with the # of companies popping up, I’m starting to think that they are getting these signings simply by marketing. Does anybody have any insight?

I was thinking exactly the same thing and I am thinking about having my marketing company change my strategy on the way they market my company

1 Like

I do see a lot of signing services out there. However, when I was researching signing companies and notary services I was surprised that so many do close their doors. There isn’t much support in this industry and difficult to sustain long term. On resources websites where they list signing services seemed like more than half were now closed or their website no longer worked. I think it’s a hard industry with high turnaround. Many close and new open is my feel. Same with NSAs, I think it might have a high turnaround looking long term. The entire real estate and lending is a fluctuating market. Possibly why many NSAs do this as part time extra income and have their full time job.

3 Likes

When the business declines, this is the danger point when working with unfamiliar companies. I look back and since 2007 most of my bad accounts were with companies that abruptly closed their doors in down years They shut the door and all I could do was eat the billing. Don’t take more than one order from a new customer and if they pay within a reasonable period then you could take another, but be on the lookout if you see any bad news on the forums or they stop responding to payment requests.

3 Likes

Yes, I was thinking that a large and accurate enough marketing plan could very well start you a sighing service lol

Because there’s more money there. I started one when my profit dropped 80% due to the over flux of NSA flooding the scenes dragging down the fees because they got to eat too. I pay what the AVG use to be but if you signup and tell me your fee is $65 ok then. I will happily train you and accept your fee request.

As for why they’re still signing up with SS I believe it’s because there isn’t enough work to go around like before. We are sharing the workload. The way It works is SS either gets the order directly or from the main Vendor which I will not name. Then the SS sends it out to their pool of notaries or it sits there on the Vendor system for all SS to see whoever gets it assign first gets it. If not, the order goes back into the vendor pool. So the more SS you are a part of increase your chances of seeing that order first basically.

Good advice! It is the worst to not get paid.

Ah ha! Thank you for explaining that. I thought that the SS that was able to get the closing assigned first was the winning SS, but that would seem to create a mess. I reached out to SnapDocs to see if I could use their services for some of the overflow I get and while I don’t remember the exact number, the minimum number of signings needed was WAY higher than I could promise now.