ALERT: MV Realty from Florida

Has anyone done any signings for MV Realty out of Florida? I’ve gotten assignments for them through the signing services. It seems like they are offering homeowners a loan, which they say they don’t have to pay back, as long as they commit to using them (MV Realty) when they decide to sell their home. Seems a bit shady to me. Also, they won’t give me the homeowner’s tel. # to confirm. They call and confirm, then they let me know. It was only about 15 pages, but the homeowner wanted to read every page, and wasn’t sure what she was signing. I told her it was not my job to explain. That’s when I decided not to do the closing. Just seems to fishy. Any thoughts?

It is legal, but I guess a lot of people decide not to sign after reading the contract. And that’s probably the reason the co. doesn’t want you to call ahead of time. As it’s legal, if they pay full fee for no shows or no signs, I’d do them all day long–assuming they meet my fee, of course. :grinning:

It’s an interesting concept to guarantee them future listings, but it is for FORTY YEARS…and a lot can (& probably will happen) in 40 years!

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from MV Realty from Florida:

I have agreed to three signings and the process is the same as yours. However, they stated they would supply the Docs 2.5 hours before the signing. On all three occasions when it was two hours before the signing and I called the MV Agent to check on the docs I was informed the signings were cancelled. I will not work or trust MV Realty.

1 Like

@jam.mobilenotarysvcs & @rjsdad53

You may find it helpful to review the following thread:

:swan:

I’m concerned that MV Realty has a crystal ball that no one else has access too. Unfortunately, there are people out there that will sign and drive!

Great comment. Thank you. Signing company pays for print and trip only. And the chance of no-sign seems to be considerable. Best.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your experience. Best!

This company is very shady and I refuse to do any work for them. Please read there BBB reviews. Their agents do not provide you with the homeowners phone number because the have told them a bunch of crap and when you arrive they think they are just signing an agreement for them to list their homes when they are ready to sell and give them between $600-$5000 dollars as compensation. But never explain the full 40 year agreement and lien the put their homes which is passed down to beneficiaries that have not been made aware the original homeowner signed such an agreement because they were not present. Also there are homeowners that are sueing MV Realty because of there bad business practices and financial damages they have caused to homeowners. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THEM! DO NOT ACCEPT THERE NOTARIZATION ASSIGNMENTS. IT MAY COME BACK TO BITE YOU IF YOUR NOTARY STAMP IS ON THEIR DOCUMENT. Please review the laws on Notaries with Real Estate about unwillful damages. Homeowners can sue protect your bond and E/O.

1 Like

(CA) Take heed, my notarial cohorts! It is under these conditions (coming recession, political turmoil, personal safety threats, etc.) that the scammers and ne’re-do-wells also appear on the scene. Con artists of every stripe, out to bilk the unknowing, unsuspecting, gullible, too-trusting, often elderly consumers with all manner of schemes. You might be the last line of defense so use your noggin!

I have 45 years of audit, risk and fraud deterrence experience in the banking industry under my belt and I can tell you this: if you have even the slightest hint of a problem with a signing, call the signing service that assigned you and discuss it. Don’t, and I repeat, DON’T use your own judgment and forge ahead thinking “I got this”. You probably don’t got this. The likes of Oak Tree Legal, MV Realty, the Bilingual Brothers signing service and others have your ticket punched and will not pay you and will not offer legitimate work as has been so often chronicled on this forum.

None of us can afford to accept questionable assignments for a lousy $80 and risk non-payment or worse. Remember this: there is always more than one cockroach in the kitchen.

2 Likes

good advice, indeed wow 45 years of audit experience!!

In the last week or so 8/07/22 thru 8/18/22 I have received at least 10 -15 Notary signing offerings. They all state 12- 17 pages and a low fee. They all are for MV Reality, and I will not work for them. They do not allow the Notaries to contact the signer directly and in my opinion, this is not an ethical manor to do business.

I did one of these a few months back no problem. Last night I tried to do one. Arrived at the homeowners house he had no idea. Apparently it was a son and a different contact number. Needless to say it didn’t sign. I got paid a print and trip fee.

Thank you for the excellent advice!!