National Sales Type - WA State

Hello,

I received a call the other day from an agency noting they needed a notary for a national sales type signing. They asked if this was something I had done before, and I have not. They let me know they would call me back, but never did. What can I do, outside of the trainings and certifications I can receive through the NNA, to prevent this from happening in the future? I have been searching everywhere for additional trainings and certifications but feel as though I am getting nowhere.

What can you do? Block that number. “National sales type signing?” Um…

I hesitate to say there is no such thing, because I do not know everything, but in my 23 years as a real estate broker (now retired), I can say that there is no such thing in real estate. Even the big national firms such as Redfin and Zillow use local offices with local brokers. Each broker chooses their preferred escrow firm, with whom they have cultivated a relationship. (Yes, yes - the client can choose to use the firm of their choice, but unless they are a real estate professional, they leave it in the hands of their broker.) Escrow firms in turn choose to either book a notary themselves, or use a signing service.

Large national corporations that do such things as Lease To Own market to local real estate brokers, to bring them on board. Again, those brokers use their own escrow relationships.

Unless a seller goes FSBO, and the buyer is paying cash, and both are ignorant enough of real estate law to choose not to use escrow to close, a local real estate professional (escrow or broker) will be involved.

So a “national sales type signing”? Selling what?

So many shady possibilities out there, none of which are good.