👎 WARNING: Notaries in Action Inc = Notary Dash = Prestige Notaries = Jennifer Glover

Same here. I got an email one morning stating I had a signing through notarydash and which I never signed up for. All my information was loaded on the site. It was strange to me but figured I must have set it up once upon a time. Now I know it happened to others as well.

Same here. I have yet to be compensated for the assignments (several) that I completed. My efforts to contact “Jennifer” have gone unsuccessful :frowning: Sadly. p.s. I was able to locate all of the clients (except one) or their family members and get DOCS completed. Hate to see that someone took advantage and did not pay as agreed. SUCKS!

1 Like

Hey everyone :blush:

I’ve done a handful of signings as well as the Notaries in Action and I’ve never had issues with nonpayment or ever being able to get a hold of Jennifer. I wanted to share some info she shared with me in hopes that I’ll help you guys out.

“If anyone wants to reach out to me they literally ALL have my phone number. 850-266-1501. You’re welcome to share my contact. Just tell everyone that texting is best.

Honestly, we went though a Quickbooks migration the third week of January that was supposed to take 3 days. We are STILL having major issues so checks are having to manually be created which I’m in the process of issuing. One by one. It just has to do with pre January 17th orders. Everything that’s been closed since January 17th will be paid on schedule.”

1 Like

Hi Colleen, That’s good news (I think). I have spoken to Jennifer 2x regarding payment. My orders go back as far as NOV’21!!! Not sure how the migration in January impacted cases from Nov’21. But we shall see how long before it gets resolved. TY

I have having an issue getting paid from this company. I have assignments from January 2023 not paid. When I challenged them in April 2023 for payment they told me I did not submit an invoice. SO I DID. I was then told I had to wait 37 days. It is more that 45 days and after much emails and phone calls. Finally got paid today, but they used another system called checkbook.io. I knew nothing of this system prior to today. I would advise to keep away from this company because receiving payment is an uphill battle. waiting for the check to now clear my account.

NNA has procedures to assist you in getting paid from companies who are sloooow in paying or just don’t want to day. I have personally noticed if I have to submit and invoice to be paid after receiving and accepting an order, they are usually very bad in paying. Make you you keep a log of all assignments, when, who and how much. Check the list off as you get paid. That way you don’t loose out to the slow or non paying companies.

1 Like

Thanks to all of you for your input here on this company. You helped me make an informed decision to stay away from them. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi. I am curious to learn more about the NNA process that helps with companies who do not pay. Can you tell me more?

@carolforst99 It’s immediately available on their website to view and download. Just go into their Search bar and type in “collection letters” and it will present you with all the details and links. Reference the image below . . .

:swan:

I’ve done these kind of assignments for them in the past. There are times where they’ll have a flurry of activity and then not hear from them again. My mileage varies as to if I got the people on the call, got hold of a next of kin at the provided address, if someone called me back from the door knock form or if the people dropped off the face of the earth. Whatever happened, I notated it in the order and while it took a while to get paid, I always did for the appropriate amount depending on what happened with the given order. There were instructions that I had to go out by a certain time after not getting the people on the phone but nothing seemed to be a problem as long as I communicated. They were usually good about a gentle nudge if they didn’t hear from me with a threat of yanking the order from me but as long as communication was there, no problem.
Fast forward to this week. I get the first order from NIA in about a year. On Monday. I counter offer because the address is 50 miles away. They meet my counteroffer. I call the number the next day. Generic voicemail. I leave my contact info. A day or two goes by. No call back. I head down that way today on a Thursday to make a knock attempt now that no one has replied. I do it. Affix the door knock form. Then go into the portal to upload the pics. Rural area. No cell service. Can’t upload. It tries but times out. I have to rush to another signing. Get to the signing like 10 minutes late but borrower is super understanding. Life is good. Then I get a text from NNA after not hearing from them that I am unassigned. After the signing I feverishly go through my emails to get a contact number as their contact info is not to be found. I get a woman on the phone who then takes forever to look up the file. She goes “apparently you’ve been unassigned”. I tell her that I went out and couldn’t upload due to lack of cell service. She just reads the instructions verbatim and then seems to have the whole file in front of her and says “When you are an notary it’s your job to perform according to the instructions”. Just throws the book at me. They now expect you to drive out within 4 hours and because I didn’t drop everything that day, I’m out of luck. I know I didn’t follow their instructions to a T and you’ll just all pile on me, but I tried to perform to the best of my ability, squeezed in the time to go out there and then get slammed when I’m at my most vulnerable. This just doesn’t seem like good faith. And I know if this were a signing and they didn’t have docs for me on time the attitude on their end would be “oh well”

2 Likes

What they’re offering for fees to make up to 3 trips to get things signed isn’t worth the time or money. The travel mileage eats into any profits that could be made.

1 Like

Well I just took a job door knock 8/5/23. Client doesn’t live there. Resident didn’t know him. I was skeptical so I accepted the job, Now I wait 30 days to see if they pay. No plans to take ANOTHER assignment until I see how they pay
 It’s taking these companies to long to pay.

1 Like

So here’s the latest. I just spoke with Jennifer Garland. I did work for Notaries in Action in early August. I called 206-774-0738 and was advised payments were going out Friday, Sept 8th. Well of course they did not. I called on 9/11 & spoke with Peter, who told me payments would be issued Friday, Sept 15th. Today, I spoke with Elizabeth, who–bless her heart, was attempting to feed me whatever the person in the background was telling her- that at some time Jennifer had said clients should have received an email regarding my payments. When I told her I did not, (as I was looking
at my email) the voice in the background clearly said "it was just sent’. I told Elizabeth that I would be more than happy to speak directly to Jennifer AND this young lady had the audacity to tell me “oh I’m on a zoom call–that’s what you hear”. When I told her I could hear Jennifer telling her what to tell me, I could then hear that “zoom call” tell Elizabeth Jennifer will take the call. Jennifer takes the phone and tells me they just began using Checkbook-io and the setup process has caused the delay but I should receive payment this week. I explained to Jennifer that in my real-life job, I work with IT where we actually integrate EFT software, and once it is installed, the process isn’t that long for her company to wire Checkbook funds to be distributed to the payees. I told her I would follow up in a couple of days. Jennifer actually tried to discourage me from calling back - saying that would not speed up the process. I then reminded her company’s reputation for late payments goes back farther than her getting a new payment process and if I don’t see payment, not only will I call back, I will be filing an affidavit to sue her for breach of contract. Can you all say “Class Action”? By the way, while typing this, I just received that fake email–of course, I’ll be following up with check-io because I also heard they are not reliable. Guess I better have my funds sent via Zelle.

1 Like

Sadly, I did not research this “company” until after I wasn’t getting paid per our contract which clearly states " **You will receive payment by the Friday following the 30th day from the date in the Notaries In Action order on NotaryDash." It is now 47 days since the date of completion and still no payment. Sent numerous emails that were never answered, and after several calls and various excuses I finally just referred the case to legal for collection.
I was advised that “Notaries in Action” is not even a legally registered company or DBA and is run by Jennifer Garland (aka Jennifer Glover) who also is the governing agent for Prestige Notaries registered in the State of Washington UBI Number:604 592 749 4401 S 4TH AVE, EVERETT, WA, 98203-2522, UNITED STATES and Notary Dash UBI Number: 604 651 057 4401 S 4TH AVE, EVERETT, WA, 98203-2522, UNITED STATES as well as a few other non-notary related businesses.
Phone numbers include: (206) 774-0738, (425) 818-5863, (425) 512-8645, (850) 266-1501, (425) 314-6993
Emails include: jglover @ notarydash .com , notaryjcg @ gmail .com , jennifer @ prestigenotaries .com , orders @ nia-inc .com

Get out your confirmation out - it should tell you who the title company is - call them and file a complaint against her - You can also ask title to send you a copy of their check showing Jennifer was paid - Jennifer has started another Company but I cannot remember the name of it - beware - she is the worst I have ever dealt with and I have been a notary for almost 40 years - the only other one worse than Jennifer is Keith Tomlinson

1 Like

I finally received payment on 9/19/23. Notaries In Action has also been charged late fees for breach of their contract which clearly stated payments will be issued within “30 days”. I see that they have recently updated the compensation section of the Contractors’ terms of service to reflect “60 days” after changing to Checkbook.io.

My advice, if you have not done business with any companies Jennifer Garland is a part of
DON’T!!! If they owe you money, stay the course and make it known on every platform until she stops the bad faith practices.

I have never (yet) NOT been paid by Prestige Notariies but it’s almost always past 60 days and almost never without me having to send them at least one reminder. As long as you can deal with that, they’re okay to do business with.

1 Like

After calling their office repeatedly and finally receiving payments late, which clearly breaks HER contract & my terms of service which was sent with my invoice. My late fees begin on the 5th day of non-payment at $10 a day. I received my payment almost two weeks late.(wouldn’t have received anything if I had not been persistent & got her on the phone). I assessed late fees ($170), agreed to negotiate it down to $30 per invoice for 2 invoices (a total of $60). She wants me to take $20.

I’m filing affidavits against Jennifer. Someone needs to put a stop to her nonsense—even if it’s only for $1! In my opinion, with the number of complaints she should not be allowed to do business anywhere.

Good luck trying to get paid. I am a notary and I am currently trying to get paid on the RoundUp settlement project with Notaries in Action that ended a few months ago. I’ve contacted this office and sent emails and still haven’t heard anything back. I called all of the numbers that are affiliated with this company back a couple of weeks ago and was advised to email the accounting department. Emailed that department several times no response. Called repeatedly and left several messages and still no response. I’ve called the number to NIA and was placed on hold for about 30 plus mins and all of a sudden the phone hangs up. I feel as though I’m getting the run around. All I’m simply asking for is my final check that I was told to that I would receive and as of 12/27/23 still no payment. If the owner reads this please reach out to me on this matter. Thank you.

@ldsutton1909 Here is a direct url link to a very helpful Step-by-Step Guide by @rparker to collection of non-payment on invoices:

:swan:

How do these companies get away with this nonsense?