WARNING: NOTAROO - Long wait for payment

I’ve recently been experiencing long periods of payment from Notaroo. More than 60 days. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it due to the market being slow?

5 Likes

They are notorious for taking a very long time to pay. Last time I did work with them it was 45 BUSINESS days before I received payment. Plus mailing time.

WoW!

45 calendar days is a very LONG time to wait for payment of professional services successfully provided to a client, especially considering that our invoices for the direct out-of-pocket expenses incurred for providing those services are due within 20-25 days (or less) . . .

But, waiting 45 BUSINESS days?!! Unconscionable that your client would put you in that type of position.

======

Always best to perform a Search within the Notary Cafe database [a Gold Mine] using the ever-elusive Magnifying Glass (see image below) to determine if they’re creditworthy or not before completing a Signing Order with a client who is new to you.

I performed a cursory Search on your behalf with the keyword “notaroo” and here are a few threads that you may find helpful:

NOTE: There appears to be a bit of confusion about the business entity name:

Notaroo  or   Notarool

Does anyone know if there is a business entity named Notarool? TIA

:swan:

I’m still waiting on payment for 3 signings all over 60 days.

3 Likes

I did one for them. Payment took 60 days.

1 Like

I have also experienced the same issue with Notaroo. It took over 60 days to receive payment. They gave various reasons, none of which were reasonable.

1 Like

I was told they are net 60. I did one job for them still waiting for payment.

1 Like

@dlited WoW! 45 calendar days is a very LONG time to wait for payment of professional services successfully provided to a client, especially considering that our invoices for the direct out-of-pocket expenses incurred for providing those services are due within 20-25 days (or less) . . .

But, waiting “net 60 days” ?!! Well beyond any reasonable interval of time.

Something to think about: => They’re paid within a few days of the date of disbursement for the transaction . . .

The last signing I took from them was almost 80 days from sign to payment.
I no longer will oven consider their offers. Recently, I saw where a notary was owed for 3 signings and Notaroo asked if they could accept 1/2 of what they were owed…that was enough information for me to know to steer clear.

Did a signing the first week of August. Still waiting.

1 Like

There are so many of you who haven’t been paid by Notaroo. I’d suggest you prepare a little petition of sorts and demand payment now. All of you who have gotten stiffed should sign it.

(I’ll notarize each of your signatures on the petition :wink: at a nice discount!)

1 Like

No, that’s their standard payment timeframe. Since the market has slowed, there has been a delay of up to 100 days for payment from Notaroo. It’s beyond me at this point. I was kind of ok with the net 45 payment since majority of my work came from them, and the service team is very responsive and friendly. Any suggestions on how to handle a company that is often late on paying their clients?

1 Like

I have 10 invoices with them, 3 are 80 days overdue. There is no excuse for this. I won’t be accepting any more jobs from them. Everyone please beware before accepting signings.

2 Likes

How to handle? I’ll bet most of their orders come from the same title company or two. Contact them and elicit their help in getting paid. They don’t like it when you don’t get paid either and they won’t use that signing service anymore if they are always late payors. Put it in writing. You can find the title companies in the work papers you had signed (if you keep copies of the original documents on all unpaid jobs as I do).

@laziedaysbusinessservices & other Notary Cafe Members who are seeking payment from Notaroo:

Here is a comprehensive guide created & posted by @rparker that you may find to be quite helpful in achieving payment for your professional services successfully provided.

1 Like

I saw that they pay at 60 days. I waited until 62 days and called them and left a voicemail for accounting department. I got a e-check the next day. I have one more job I’m waiting to get paid on from them. After that I don’t know if I’ll do anymore for them.

Thank you for this information.

I have worked for them for over a year. This issue just started. I kept working because I they would pay but now I have over $3000 out with them. I keep calling and sending emails and still no payment. I’m just done with them.

I had to laugh when one explanation about delay was the overall industry slow down had resulted in their not getting paid on time.

However funds disbursement hasn’t changed. Title companies pay in ten days. They don’t operate their business on funds due notaries.

2 Likes

$3000?!?! OMG, that’s a lot of money! I’d be on them like. . . well, you know. That’s gotta be 30 orders. Take a look at cNsa5’s posts and check around on this site for ways and means of collecting on those jobs. I’ve posted several as have others whose advice is sound. Don’t let them get away with your $$$.

(Guess I just stated the obvious, huh?)