Notary fees DOWN. Inflation UP. Disney now paying $18 hr for entry level jobs

Entry level jobs paying $18 hr. No experience, No licensing, No driving to client, No update every year, No…no shows, No scary locations, No paying ALL of our SS taxes, No No No to lots of things. What are we doing?

1 Like

Are you applying for a Disney job?
If yes, good for you!

His point is, while wages for unskilled labor are increasing, our fees are not.

6 Likes

Yay! two refis and one legal retainer w/scanbacks for today, nothing for sunday, all in my hometown, still snowing a lot though…

1 Like

I guess us notaries, still making money, will see you at Disney, So what is your dream job at Disney?
Me and my wife pass renew in Aug. Just went to Disneyland yesterday.
I guess it a small world after all…
Rates may be going down in June or July 2023, or early 2024. Don’t throw in the towel yet.

1 Like

Just today. Text offer. HELOC. $50.00 At bank, professional dress required. What they didn’t say. 57 miles driving, 140-170 pages printed. My thoughts: you want all that for nothing and I need to dress up?

6 Likes

No, We are real estate brokers. That’s our main income. I just posted this showing how the regular jobs are coping with todays economics. While other jobs are going UP, we Notes are going DOWN, What can be done?

2 Likes

Oh! What you meant to say is: “We are REALs.”

2 Likes

“Disney now paying $18 hr for entry level jobs”

And laying off 7000 people in a cost-saving measure.

4 Likes

Or “Brokes”…“Broken”?

2 Likes

Got to love the banks greediness.

2 Likes

Remember Notary is one word, Easy to play with. Real Estate Brokers being 3 words is a bit harder,

Just because they tell you 18 an hour doesn’t mean you get that much, it’s usually less than that. Also employers won’t let you work full time hours to avoid giving you full time benefits

4 Likes

but you can’t get anywhere near full time hours. Your’e employer will make sure of that to avoid mandatory full time benefits.

2 Likes

Disney also announced their laying off 7000 people.

3 Likes

I don’t know in which state you are, I’m in Miami, Florida, and also a Realtor, and the market is really slow, properties values are high, interest rates are high, rentals are high, and many prospects buyers, don’t qualify to purchase a home, inventory is low. This is a cycle that appears every 10 years approximately, is what I think, YES!! many foreign people buying pre constructions, thinking to invest, and then rent thru Airbnb. Miami’s future will be only for tourists and foreign investors. Miami living with home insurance is really expensive.

I know it feels like that now and for the time being I think mostly anyone doing this work has to have another gig to get them through; however, this too shall pass and I believe all the people who have been forced to buy or refinance for cashout equities will be looking to refinance when the economy improves.

Hang tough!

1 Like

As long as notaries take jobs for $50 and $60, the fees will remain low. We are doing it to ourselves.

4 Likes

100% agree with you. I’m in Broward county.

Problem is ! It may take a year for things to improve and go back to notmal.

1 Like