Okay, I am insulted

Your $100 extra hazard/virus fee might be considered price gouging in California. I talked to the DA’s office investigator on this subject about hazard increase and he did some checking and said they office could not offer legal advice, but recommended that I check with a lawyer 1st.

YALL NEED TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES ON THIS POST smh

2 Likes

Really? Why is that?

IMO the same as raising the price of toilet paper or hand sanitizer during a national emergency/time of crisis - it’s a tricky subject - if your normal fee is $125 and suddenly your charge $250 for the exact same service (albeit with some other circumstances thrown in) - that’s tantamount to price gouging. Personally, putting on a mask and keeping your distance does not warrant double fee or more.

2 Likes

I agree completely.

Keeping in mind that market pressure - the law of supply and demand - controls fees on the open market:

Fewer of us are choosing to risk exposure. Supply is reduced. Interest rates have dropped. Demand is greater. Simple economics support a higher fee right now.

The key is how much greater? A modest increase - I am quoting 20% over my February fees - is certainly reasonable.

1 Like

To compare toilet paper to a bank refinance is not logical thinking to put it nice. It seems logical thinking has disappeared today! Toilet paper is almost a necessity to the average person, but a bank refinance is not. Wow!

2 Likes

Ask some of your borrowers if they consider closing the loan upon which they have spent 2 to 3 months to be vital.

Irregardless, market laws apply. Gasoline to auto insurance, eggs to electronics - when demand increases, prices go up. When supply increases, prices go down.

2 Likes

May I ask what you are charging?

Maybe, I’m just lucky but lately I’’m getting higher than normal. I asked for $140 for a refi and he sent me a confirmation fee of $195:). Nice. Thank you. . I’ve completed 65 signings for the month of April and my fee is not cheap. All I can say is you better know your worth.

4 Likes

EXACTLY my sentiments. I’m getting fed up with these offers.

1 Like

I have 1 company that offers $85 for loans almost 200 pages. SMDH. Then I have another that likes to call me a 5pm for a same day signing. They love to pay me. Any price I think to give them they beat me by $10 to $20. I’m just like okay. I have about 5 more signings with them before they will call me direct instead of snapdocs.

Where do you live? In AZ we don’t get that unless we have a signing far away.

Just went into all my profiles and added a “PPE Fee” of $5. Covers the cost of the mask, gloves, pen and sanitizer. I got the idea from my dentist’s office, who informed me this morning that they are now doing this. Considering that my profit margin in a whole lot less than that of my dentist, this seems like a good practice to follow.

3 Likes

What signing company are you working with?? They’re giving us like $30-$40 low low offers

What signing companies do you work with?

DO NOT ACCEPT LOW! I’ve been crazy busy doing refis lowest $140 highest $350 within 25 miles radius. I’ve closed 90 loans this month so far! Today alone I closed 6 loans worth $1,260 Know your worth! I’m so grateful to God.:pray::innocent:

4 Likes

How much does the average signing company get paid before us notaries get paid? I have heard many mixed stories, answers on this.

You can find the closing Service fees listed on the client’s Closing Disclosure. Deduct your fee and the rest is what they are getting paid for the service. I don’t believe they are being paid from a different pot of money. But, I could be wrong.

1 Like

Well, here goes! I just sent title companies my new fee schedule! I’ll know soon if they stop calling…:scream:Then I’ll just go play tennis or golf or something. :joy:

2 Likes

Notaries, for the first time in history, WE are in the drivers seat. THEY need us more than WE need them.
STOP ACCEPTING GARBAGE OFFERS> $75 are an INSULT. There is only ONE company I’ll accept $75 from because they pay same day- you know who they are. Evidently they just hired help, and now the new girls sending out $50 offers for REFIS and dual signings. IT"S TIME TO STOP THIS!!

4 Likes