Partnering with a Notary in your area has its advantages

I agree with you!!!

Personally, I would only do this with GNW… I don’t trust anyone enough to share my client list with.

1 Like

Thank you for bringing up the subject. In the case of GNW you have more freedom to work with a partner. The price of gas is at an all time high in California so if one of us has a run up to the next county, we try to consolidate the assignments to make them less costly. There is usually more flexibility in scheduling GNW assignments so they can be paired with a loan signing assignment.

I rarely outsource a loan signing assignment unless I have cleared it with the signers first and also the signing company. The first time I tried it without clearing with the signing company I was pulled off the assignment immediately. The owner told me that she chose me for a reason and it wasn’t my right to have anyone else replace me. That was embarrassing and I never received another assignment from her.
You must be absolutely transparent if you are working with a partner or be willing to take the blowback. If that person makes a mistake, you will pay for it. This happened with an assignment that my partner covered for a company that has us both on their roster. His ‘mistake’ was a single miswritten date on a document set that had 4 signers, over 250 pages and was signed at 6 AM. That ONE mistake caused me a 6% error rate for six months. It is statistically impossible that one number out of nearly 900 in that document set is a 6% error especially as it was the only mistake in some 20 assignments.
In hindsight, at that time it would have been better to send the assignment back than to use a partner. Now that assignments are scarcer there are less chances that either one of us will cover the assignment scheduled to either partner. Our collaboration now is mostly in logistics for handling document review, scanning, packing and shipping. At a recent witness required signing, the couple were enroute to their home 600 miles away. The documents had to be flawless but we were rushed. My partner caught some initials on the privacy policy that I had missed. Unusually initialed pages are popping up nowadays including the final pages of the URLA, payoff statements etc.
Sometimes the best advantage of having a partner is someone to bounce ideas off. Someone who gets your grief and will drive the 15 miles to pick up the items you left behind at a signing.

I love having partners for GNW. Last week alone I made over $250 from my partner referrals on GNW.